keegan resigns again!

edited September 2008 in General chat
Typical. man city is bought by some arabian princes and immediately buy robinho tottenham wheel and deal but forget to buy a centre back it's as if all those clubs outside the top four are about to go supernova trying to keep up.

Comments

• LizLiz
    edited 5:47AM
    As a Man City fan, I thought I was hallucinating when I woke up this morning to the news about Robinho on Five Live. Very very strange.
  • edited 5:47AM
    I don't like it one tiny bit. Sorry, Liz, nothing personal against Citeh.
  • LizLiz
    That's alright, Colette, I can understand why people don't, and I have very mixed feelings myself. On one level, bad for the game overall, undermines all the good work City have been doing with their youth academy, etc etc. On the other hand, v exciting prospect of actually doing OK - though this will fundamentally change the experience of being a City fan. As Noel Gallagher said on Five Live this morning, you start every season thinking City might do quite well, then at 4.45 on the first day of the season, it becomes obvious that they'll struggle to stay up.
    And you don't have to watch the news about Thailand through the gaps between your fingers.
  • LizLiz
    I must say, that is a blessing. Though I'm sure there will be dirt to come on the Abu Dhabi contingent.
  • edited September 2008
    I started listening to noel gallagher on the radio, and it was so unbearable that I had to switch off. He really should be a Man U fan.
    I can definitely see how it's exciting if you're a Man City fan though. But it's shame that everyone is now going to start hating City too. I don't know why noel gallagher had a problem with "black cab drivers in London" all liking City.
  • LizLiz
    Yes, I can see the hating coming over the horizon rapidly (you only have to look at Chelsea). I think his point about black cab drivers is that he finds them condescending about City - they're the team from the North it's OK to like because they're never actually going to achieve anything. I would also point out that I don't agree with him - I've not found the same thing with cabbies - but maybe he gets that response because he's famous.
    I can see two flaws in Noel's theory: Blackburn and Wigan. From the North, achieve nothing, universally hated in the South.
    I hate Bolton more. Even without Allardyce.
    Ah yes. Three flaws. I think he just hates that City aren't dominant like United and has then sprinkled his North/South hangups on top to make it easier for him to swallow.
    Obviously we've been making more of an impression than I thought, even without Allardyce.
    I've never forgiven them for scything down Freddie and getting the draw at the Reebok that screwed our title hopes _(and helped them stay up)_ in '03. There's something wrong with me, I'm getting annoyed just thinking about it now.
    Blimey, that particle accelerator in Switzerland must have started to distort reality ... I just thought I saw England win 4-1 away from home.
    I see Kevin Keegan is now the bookies favourite to replace, err, Kevin Keegan. I would love to hear what he thinks about that while refering to himself in the third person. Can you imagine...?