ch ch ch changes

2»

Comments

• There's nothing quite like eating blueberry pancakes, drinking a huge mug of black coffee and listening to Billie Holiday sing Gloomy Sunday (the version where she forgets the lyrics halfway through). If I were good at crosswords, I'd throw that in, too. But since I'm crap, they just make me feel bad about myself.
  • edited 3:06PM
    yea, but that's the blues not jazz. and it's ella fitzgerald singing mack the knife that you're thinking of. no wonder you suck at crosswords! ;)

i want pancakes and blues. or grinding industrial noise.
  • d'oh! you are so right. i've been having lots of senior moments lately.

it is billie holiday who sings gloomy sunday, but she did not forget the lyrics. and yes, it is classic blues.

let's try again. how about my favouritest-most, mr joshua redman, playing hide and seek?

come to think of it, i prefer raspberry pancakes to blueberry.

so it's raspberry pancakes, black coffee, josh redman and the times quick crossword (for the thick-os among us).
    If it were Dewey Redman, and the Grauniad cryptic, I could just about be tempted.
    I'm going to go Times Cryptic/Stevie Wonder.
    if you're doing the cryptic, could i have the g2 (or whatever they're calling it today) to do the kakuro?

with the orb's adventures beyond the ultraworld
  • edited November 2008
    Gonzalo Rubalcaba playing a very broken version of "Giant Steps"

with a copy of Le Monde Diplomatique or Adbusters?
    Be glad the Hanoi place didn't happen.

You order a burger, first they'll bring you a plate with only a piece of meat on it
    Only for them to take it away, then replace it with a bit of lettuce
    Then they bring back the meat
    Then you get the bottom half of the bun with a tomato
    Then the top half of the bun with the meat on top
    It all get taken away again and then you see the burget built in front of you