Stewart Lee

Stewart Lee mentioned Finsbury Park Weight Watchers in his show tonight.

Represent.

Comments

• edited 8:06AM
    He lives in Finsbury Park and has done for years. I went to see him when filming that show and he referenced the local area a lot! The stand up part was all filmed in Stoke Newington.
    Stewart Lee is fantastic. We saw him at the Soho Theatre last year. Been watching the new stuff on iplayer.
    Coffee and a naan.
    I've liked his stuff for years but his new comedy vehicle I find really slow and repetitive. Whilst what he's saying is funny he could speed it up and get an awful lot more into 30 minutes. The audience seem to be laughing before he' even made his point; I think he could just talk gibberish and they'd be licking his feet in hysterics...
    You probably wouldn't like his Ang Lee bit, then
  • edited April 2009
    I think you're right he could get more content in and speed up a little, but when your competition on TV is a pair of dicks like [Horne & Corden](http://watchwithmothers.wordpress.com/2009/03/11/one-minute-review-horne-corden/), why hurry? He could halve the output and still have a better jokes per minute ratio than them.
    @ David It's a shame as Horne isn't a bad actor/straightman (if he can be called that...), I just can't bear another "Oh look he thinks he's thin but he's fat; no wait he know's he's fat; so really he's laughing at himself; how bloody brave" joke...

I'm still a Charlie Brooker fan, similar wit to Lee but 10 times the speed. The new Newswipe is pretty good and one of the best explanations of the credit crunch I've heard (although he ripped it off a viral comic strip that went around at the start of the sub-prime debarcle).
    I really like Stuart Lee, very underrated, but I know he definitely lived in Stoke Newington fairly recently... just off Church Street opposite the fire station. But maybe he moved up in the world and made the break to N4. I like his slow-burning, gentle kind of comedy. I love Adam & Joe's show on 6Music too. Anyone else enjoy that? It's my favourite show on radio by miles.
    I have the Adam+Joe show DVD, which I sought out solely for the sketch with Tom Paulin as a turtle.
    My favourite is the Star Wars sketch in A+J where Yoda hosts Blind Data.
    i like stewart lee but there's only so much "i'm intelligent and cultured and i'm sick of having to interact with people who aren't" i can take, and i think that amount was one episode.