live music

13»

Comments

• edited 3:45PM
    Typically shoddy NME reporting - it's not even London's first pop-up venue. In between being Pop and being Punk, said shitty Soho venue had a brief incarnation so avowedly pop-up that it was called Everything Must Go.
    I might venture down. Depends how my Friday night disintergrates.

I'm going to be the oldest person there aren't I?
    I hope that if it's a success over the seven months that someone will take it on full time and make a go of that place. GPN, we can all be oldies together - I'll bring the cards and perhaps we can have a game of bridge in the corner whilst moaning how loud it is.
    Your on. I went to Club NME and it was like I was Jimmy Saville presenting Top of the Pops.

I've realised that comment actually ages me even more than the admission that I'm in my 30's. Damn.
    Not really surprised Mr Ninja, the NME is basically targetted at the 14-18 year old age group (or at least it was when I stopped reading it). I remember feeling old at the Metro on Oxford Street on a typical indie NME night. I was 23. I remember the very last issue of NME that I bought. It had been going down hill for a while, and I was reading it less and less, but I think the shark jumping moment came when they did a double page spread on the hottest haircuts for the summer. This may have been around the time the first Bloc Party single came out.
    I used to like Select.
    Select was very, very good for a while, but then it got too lifestyle, too much a precursor of Heat, with tables of what was In and Out this month and shit like that.
    SO, we are going to be doing a party at the new SILVER BULLET on 4th June. please do come. we thought we should do something there as we are local and all.
    we aren't gonna announce who is playing til the night but there will be a moshi moshi band playing live at midnight, guest djs from 10-12 (also signed to moshi). also matt from lounge on the farm festival will dj from 8-10 and moshi DJs will play from the end of the band til closing. its free before 11 and £3 thereafter. PLEASE COME!!
    stephen
    moshi moshi records

also you should come see Slow Club at Koko next Tuesday 1st June. great supports from Veronica Falls, Summer Camp and Spectrals. Beccy Slow Club lives in Stroud Green. support your local indie label/musicians!

twitter.com/moshimoshimusic
  • AliAli
    edited 3:45PM
    The big question What kind of beer will be sold there ?
    Beccy Slow Club is a really unfortunate name.

But that aside I quite like them so may well pitch up.
    Wouldn't mind seeing Architecture in Helsinki again - so it would be aces if they were on. Saw them at the Scala years back. 4th of June sounding promising, especially with the free entry before 11. Will try to badger some people to come along. (If you're reading this housemate, then I think we should go - and you should probably register on here while you're at it!) I think Ali's question needs an answer though.
    Using my Zen Ninja powers, I'll deduce the answer to Ali's question:

Fizzy Lager.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.