Stabbing in Wray Crescent park

Comments

• edited 8:19AM
    Totally agree. The person who was brave enough to help someone in need and to tell the Police what he saw and heard is getting unnecessary flack from 2 particular people, based on other users' comments in this thread.
    Annie, Is good to know that there is people around who care about young people. They're part of our community and everything what was said and seen in this discussion can affect many innocent people and they families
    Wray crescent has never felt dangerous to me either. And there's a difference between describing crimes in rap or in books and committing them. Otherwise PD James would be a mass murderer.
    @annie and @deol91 Both of you have registered on this forum in the last day, solely to have a go at TimmyMc. Perhaps your anger should be directed at, you know, the people who did the stabbing rather than the person who helped the victim. I think it's a good thing that this is being talked about on here because it's more likely that people will take notice than pretend it isn't going on. And if you don't think the facts aren't being shared on facebook and mobiles and a hundred other places, then you're being naive as well as wrong-headed.
    @andy, as always an uncanny ability to articulate what others think but haven't (in my case) arrived at the same illation. Well done @TimmyMc. It saddens me as a resident that you have been at all criticized for reporting on here. That the majority of us are not targets for such violence should not deter us from helping or reporting things as we see it. The Police are wise enough to interpret statements of this nature. Its disappointing that anyone has suggested that TimmyMC has in any way acted inappropriately.
    Last year, a friend of mine was running an after-school programme at the community centre that's by The Noble. Can't remember what it's called...

I joined him a couple times to do some workshops. The boys (and it was all boys) were in their teens. I don't know if they lived on either of the estates discussed in this thread, but they were local. A van would drive to their school and take them directly to the community centre. Otherwise, they wouldn't come. When they got there, they were given snacks (biscuits, crisps) as a bribe.

Once there, they seemed to have a great time. But despite all the effort, the turnout was pathetic. Sometimes there were 15 kids, other times none. Eventually, they had to shut down the programme 'cause too few people came.

I agree that there aren't enough places for young people to go after school. But when you do set up a place, they still don't come. The guy who ran the programme was very good. He got several of his friends to volunteer their time. They even had a bit of funding. Still, it didn't do much good. The kids would rather hang around outside.
  • edited June 2011
    @andy & sincers: Hear hear.
    @andy
    Is nothing to do with having a go on timmymc. Statement was made to the police about what he saw and heard and that's fine. I just don't agree with sharing those informations on public network.
    How is "Think before you act!!!" not having a go at someone...

Maybe you should "Think before you speak!!!"

You are perfectly entitled to your views on what is and is not shared in public...expecting everyone to share those views and "act" how you think they should...well maybe you should be doing some thinking about that too.
    "THINK BEFORE YOU ACT" apply to anything we do or say or in that case putting on public network
    Not sure I follow your point...If indeed you are making one...
    Interesting. Two new people arrive at the same time, only post on the one thread, seem to be saying similar things, have a similar writing style and grammar... wonder why ...
    Based on the writing style I'm guessing they're gang-stars from da hood in question. We've been infiltrated.
    i have spoke with local officers and they agree with whaat we r saying,it was nice of people to help the victim but not pointing fingers when they dont no who done it.and as for gangsters you r haveing a laugh,im a 30 year old lady and dont even no the other person commenting on here.it sickens me to think the police r trying there best to stop these gang fights and some1 on here could have cause a whole load more.and yes the person who put the youtube link up is out of order but so was timmymc for saying who it was in the first place.im going to leave it as that and let the police deal with it,as they have been informed about what has been said on here.and are investergateing as that is slander
    and as for timmymc not saying where they were from,he did and has now changed it ,i had already copyed the whole page to show the police today,so him chaangeing it doesnt make a diffrence
    Indeed. Let's see if the new members make comments on any of the other threads or if they have joined solely to try to justify the behaviour of a bunch of reprobates and to try to force others to keep quiet about who may be responsible. @annie and @deol91 This isn't the Sopranos guys, we don't have Omerta in Stroud Green. If I knew anything about this, I'd report it too.
    Fol-de-roll. I smell a troll
    listen as the other person said they were the first to ring the police when they say these boys men waht ever u wanna call them,yes i would report to the police aswell just like i did this morning.its horrible whats going on,i have 3 young kids growing up around here and would like it to change before they are older and can go out by them selfs,but nameing boys on the internet when u dont no if it is true is very bad and could get people killed.thats all i was stateing and yes i did join to have my say on here,hands up im guilty,i think its right we all share our veiws but nameing people is not right.its people like yous that give others bad names,maybe timmymc didnt think before he named people and that explans why he changed his comment,but all that was said is please think before you say something
    I thought this is community website where people from the area can share they opinions and concerns. Is obvious for me that as a new member I'm not very welcome to have opinion in that case. Most of the commentators in that discusion make that very clear. Some of you should do a little bit more of research about what is going on in the area involving young people maybe then you understand why we are concern about what was said on that forum.
  • edited June 2011
    comment was changed from "local estate" to local estate funny how people twists things around. What diffrence that gona make new members are not welcome to make any comments anyway.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I read Timmy's original comment, I don't think he named a person at all. And if he had it would be libel not slander. It's not people like TimmyMC that give people a bad name. It is the idiots who decide to attack someone because they live in a different street (and then film it on some crappy phone for heavens sake) and the people that keep quiet about it that are in the wrong.
    new members share they opinion almost at the same time thats suspicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Um, are you talking about Misscara and I? The way you check how long someone has been a member is by clicking on their names.
    he did name the flats and that puts a bad name on people who didnt do nothing,as i did say he didnt think before he put it on there and it is nasty what people are doing,and needs to be stopped asap.and i dont understand why new members get attacked on here for putting there views up but yet all the little click on here can say what they want.read back on what i have said and u may understand,if a child was killed cause what was said would u sleep happy knowen it was the wrong people?
    Well as this is... as you have said a community site...Lets hear your views about the incident. About the problems the community faces living and dealing with these issues, share your opinions on here with "your" community...Instead of talking shite.
  • edited June 2011
    miss annie
    I'm talking about myself and annie. It was siolae who point us out as a new members making comments
    well i do hope u r not talking to me?as i have said how bad it is and i dont want my kids growing up in a place like this.and if it waas your son or a friends son that was put on here then u would not be happy if something happened to them over someone saying something on here would u?timmymc took his comment off cause as i said he didnt relise so i dont see what all the problem is .and as for shit ive read throw most of the disscussions and what aload of shit everyone else talks on here.you are all to funny
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    a family friend was killed around here a few years ago,in fact it was 4 years ago in 2 days,i dont want to see others go throw what we r still going throw,so now tell me im talking shit