Big Phil

edited April 2006 in General chat
Offered England job.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/4949118.stm

Official. I think he'd be ace. And he's got an ace name.

I think O'Neill is hanging on for the Man U job next year.

Comments

• LizLiz
    edited 3:31AM
    How funny. After all the carping about not wanting another foreign manager. Do you think it was all just a big plot to try and derail Charlton and Boro's seasons?
  • edited 3:31AM
    Why bother?

Mid table no-marks. They're perfectly capable of derailing their own seasons.
  • edited April 2006
    Mid table no-marks. Unlike that behemoth of football, Swindon Down, oops, Town.
    Bah - we've just announced a new £1m investor.

We're going to be one of the behemoths of League Two, I tell you.
    You'll also be the first team ever to drop from the top flight to League Two.
    don't think that's true. Happened to Carlisle in the 1980s.
    But in the calendar according the cash-obsessed, billionaire criminal loving Premiership, 1992 was Year Zero.

There was no football before then.

So yes - since all top flight football sold its soul to Murdoch - Swindon will be the first team to fall from the top flight to the bottom.

This has happened previously to Carlisle and Oxf*rd United.
    good call. Was forgetting about Oxford.
    Oxford may well be the first team to get relegated from the top flight to the Conference.

I am torn about that. On one hand, I think it would be really funny.

On the other hand, the Oxford-Swindon games are the silver linings of being in League Two.
    Also, how do we feel about Accrington? Strictly as founder league members they were top flight, and have obviously just been promoted from the conference. Do they count??
    Accrington - Swindon. Going to be a classic.

Were there 4 leagues when Accrington went out of it? They probably count though.

And Notts County, while we're at it.