Boulangerie Bon Matin

Comments

• @Gardener-joe.<div>Normally i'd agree. What you'll find is that the same opinions are made tirelessly time and time again by the same people. Suppose thats free speech, but at the same time i see it as a bit of an unnecessary negative campaign. If you have an experience at BBM share it, if you don't even go there or at least anymore....it's irrelevant. </div>
  • I agree gardener-joe.  I feel that most of those who made negative comments about BBM did so in a constructive way,  I've only had a coffee from there once, and it was so awful that I haven't bought one since.  I do like the cakes and even now and then buy one as a special treat - they're expensive - especially as I'm sure they are not made from scratch as I know Dunnes' are, but they're certainly better than one bought from say, Tescos, so every now and then I don't mind paying a bit over the odds.  I think it's a beautiful room, and I would desperately like them to sort the coffee out, because if they did, I would go and sit in there and have a coffee and cake rather than bring my cake home and make my own coffee.  So many people have commented about how lovely the decor and environment is - it would just be fantastic if BBM could take some of these comments on board and get the coffee and service up to the same level.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I Just absolutely love that cafe: amazing food, REALLY freshly baked croissants and yummy cakes. Cant ask anything more than that!!!<br>
  • edited December 2017
  • <p>The problem with BBM is that it makes itself out to be a French bakery and it's not.  If it had a name like Greggs it would be fine.  Although it would have to lower its prices.  Stroud Green has had amazing restaurants, pubs and cafes for years and we don't need it to go down the Upper Street/Crouch End faker baker route.  </p><p>Say no to fake bakers with French names that try to make themselves sophisticated and fail badly.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p>
  • Maybe somewhere in France there's a fake English place called "Greggues", and an online discussion moaning that their sausage rolls aren't greasy enough to be authentic<br>
  • <p>@ j.  If they wanted to be anglo about it they'd call it Adam Jenkins, not some variation on Gregs.  Being an authentic English greasy cafe the sausage would be greasy.  They'd have every right to complain if it was non-greasy and sophisticated.  </p>
  • @ kreuzkav u r such a ridiculous moaner,oh man,get a life! and stop seeing things from negative angle,honestly  i m really enjoying their stuff and the ambience.<br>life is too short go to the library and get some book to read instead, maybe your soul will be revived.<br><br>
  • <p>some fake Francais ambience? </p>
  • i dont mind fake or real one as long as it tastes delicious and has clean and cosy atmosphere..i m a regular customer  and bringing all my friends its fab and no one else say bad stuff so far.Cant wait to go again for my lovely sandwich and coffe!!<br>
  • <P><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'">There are loads of fake Irish pubs everywhere and loads of other themed places ie the Mexican, Cats, etc etc so what is <SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>different about BBM? <SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>Kreuz<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>reminds me of Ern in the Finder Outer series.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
  • the best ever crossants sells my lovely BBM, the caffe is really cool and great and has became my number 1!!!<br>
  • <P>Is your caps lock broken Medi?</P> <P>And when did you buy BBM? I thought sushi was your next venture.</P>
  • edited December 2017
  • I love the smell of Street Team in the morning
  • edited November 2011
    <p>@ Ali .  Just dropped in after 2 days.  Cats doesn't use a Thai name and say it's an authentic Thai restaurant as far as I know.  It's about context. BBM tries to go for the 'i'm so french' angle.  It's not a bakery as it reheats frozen food and is not french.  Cats is a kitsch Thai pastiche!  There's nothing kitschy about BBM.  It's like Gregs with higher prices and slightly better food but reheated.</p><p> </p><p> </p>
  • @ Kreuzkav or whatever u r,what kinda person u r ?cant understant ha!! if you dont like smth or u do have against smth what a hell u r going there,keep saying the same thing which doesnt even make sense!!! r u out of mind? i ve been many times there and what a hell u r talking about Mister,ITS ALWAYS FRESH AND AMAZING THERE,U R MORE THAN WELCOME TO GO TO TESCO!!! So annoying, honestly,i dont like tesco but have nothing against just go to waitrose:)))))))))))<br>
  • ha ha ha ha bbella thumbs up!!!!probably kreuzkav mind is frozen :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))<br><br><br>
  • Who is smth? What a peculiar post.
  • Txt spk. Something.
  • edited November 2011
    <p>Who is Smth?  My main point is that it's trying to come across all fancy and French and it's not authentic.  If you want to go to it,  you can.  Stroud Green road will turn into Crouch End or Upper street if more places like this open.  Some may see this as a plus, I don't.  It's just a shop/cafe at the end of the day!</p>
  • edited December 2017
  • quite.   perhaps BBM might want to look at how Season deals with online feedback and reconsider their approach.
  • edited November 2011
    <p>Well said both Wilim and Joe.  I suspected that Carol and bbella were either owners or workers.  I think Neil has behaved with a lot of dignity and even though I haven't gone there I get the impression from the feedback and his attitude he keeps to his promise of delivering seasonal food in a good atmosphere.  </p><p>My issue with Seasons and BBM has more to do with Crouch End creep.  My fifteen years here has been good and I love the fact it has understated but generally good restaurant/bars/cafes.  It's what most people like about it.  I guess there's a place for something different and more ambitious like Seasons, though it's too expensive for most long term working/ lower middle class residents.  A friend went with his girlfriend and it cost him £80 for a three course meal and one bottle of wine with a tip.  He said it was good but it would have to be very special to go back.  Maybe there's a place for it here, as long as SGR doesn't go all posh!</p>
  • Thats what makes me so annoyed, as i know  whats the great food is. The prices are so much reasonable,and u get what u expect: quick, fresh and nice. Its just so crude when people crying for 2 pounds or less...is the only place is strg i would go,warm ambiance with a character...and not far from tube station:) I m dealing with high class and fortunate people, who r so much easy going and dont moarn for no reason. Wish it could open same BBM in South Kensington. That it will be amazing and certainly it will be my main coffe shop for a day!!! <br><br>Anyways wish BBM stay as u are!!!<br>
  • Stroud Green road has or maybe had people with character who don't want some Crouch End ponceyness in their area.  I'd prefer to be called a moaner than some lovey beardo  married to a yummy mummy buggy type crouch end/upper streeter.  Go to Kensington and cater for your upper class people then!  Adios!
  • edited November 2011
    <p><font face="Arial">Oh Crouch end  is lovely and very trendy area..but probably  way too expensive for you....never mind..Well i m in  Kensington  most of my time anyways, its great, you should go there...Just try to enjoy life to the fullest - life is not just about the food..there are so many precious stuff to expierence..</font></p><p><font face="Arial">People who project negativity typically have low self-esteem. They feel badly about themselves, and their negativity is simple a reflection of those feelings.<br></font></p><p><font face="Arial" size="-1"><br></font></p>
  • <p>@ carol86 I agree with gardener-joe, posting personal attacks benefits no one. </p><p>If you truly want BBM to do well then you are doing them a great disservice by being rude to other members of this forum on their behalf. Just out of interest, what made you join the Stroud Green forum if you spend most of your time in Kensington?</p>
  • edited November 2011
    @miss annie i m not rude at all!,just expressing my  own opinion..Always been having a great experience in those coffe shops like BBM or Cofee Circus.They are amazing and doing really well,so why do people have to let them down...?<br>Once i had bad time in one restaurant,bad service-no come back anymore..simple.!<br>  Dont mind criticism,if it is true thow.<br>Anyways i love to have disussion with kreuzkav.<br>