Dancing girls

edited April 2008 in Reviews
On a recent visit to the excellently random Triangle restuarant we were pleasantly surprised (but mildly embarassed in a don't-quite-know-where-to-look English way) to be suddenly joined by a belly dancer sporting a spangly bikini and other shiny trinkets. Have any other residents been slightly taken aback by any other exotic dances while waiting for their starters in the area?

Comments

• edited 4:12PM
    We took my parents there. Said belly dancer came in _very_ scantily clad. And yes, that typically English bashfulness spread around the room too. Except for my Dad that is, who got up and danced with her. The old goat.
  • LizLiz
    edited 4:12PM
    Genius. Do you take after your dad or your mum?
  • edited 4:12PM
    I'm a definite mix.
  • is this place still going? sounds good. where is it?. chang
  • Indeed it is. It rarely gets mentioned on here, curiously. It’s on the junction of Stapleton Hall and Ferme Park Rd, next to the old Stroud Green stationmaster’s house. It’s stunningly beautiful inside, a combination of Moroccan and… Dali? A Moroccan fusion menu, and good cocktails. Not especially cheap, but the staff are very friendly. I’ve always missed the belly-dancers.
  • I would describe the menu as Morrocco meets Im a Celebrity Get Me Out Here. No question about the look and feel of the venue, its lovely. The menu was odd to say the least though. Chicken Tagine, Spring Rolls, Crocodile, Kangaroo fillets, lamb burgers etc. I have no idea what they're trying to achieve, i'd just like some traditional Morrocan food please, not a bush tucker trial. Belly dancers weren't in when we went, i would have enjoyed the food more if they had.
  • <p>I miss Yamina's so much it's made become the king of tagine. Bring on good morroccan food please.</p><p><br></p>
  • <P>Ah I really like the Triangle. Food a bit of a weird mix but always pretty good I think, lovely venue (best toilets in London!), genuinely friendly staff, one of whom once gave me a pair of Moroccan slippers to take home with me. Never seen a belly-dancer though.</P> <P>Am new to this site by the way - hello!</P>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The Triangle building used to be the Parcel Office for Stroud Green Station, which closed about 50 years ago.  I've known it used for a mini-cab firm and as an estate agent - the notorious Ferme Sales: several people strongly associated with the latter ended up in prison.  <div><br></div><div>I went past the Karmenz place just now and it seems to be a tattoo parlour, with neons up and everything.</div>
  • I've never heard of this notorious estate agent - do tell (if you can without endangering yourself).<br>
  • <P>Ooooh, how interesting. Ferme Sales....let's hear more!</P>
  • Ferme sales was run by a couple of estate agents who also operated from a double decker bus in Camden Town. (I'm not exactly sure how accurate this all is. ) I believe that the scam perpetrated is they would give older house sellers low valuations and then sell to friends, who would sell on and split the profit.) I think someone ended up in prison.
  • That shows entrepreneurial spirit!    Just the sort of thing this government'd approve of, I'd say (except they're not operating from a double decker bus).
  • Why but why are the Libdesm involved with Dodgy t Dave especially  after  the past few days ?<div><br></div><div>Ferme Park sales were once described in the Sunday Time as the future of estate agents, about the same time that the WLM was described as the future of pubs, over time we still have the WLM and Weatherspoons and  Ferme  Park Sales  all ended up in jail for the reasons mentioned above !</div>
  • edited December 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ferme Sales hey, an interesting piece of local recent history. <br><br>Wonder how many of us live in houses they diddled old folks out of and eventually got converted (probably badly) into flats?<br><br>Do you think Ferme Sales <a href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/oct/23/housing-shortage-old-people-homes">reinvented themselves as a left-leaning thinktank</a><br><br><br>