The Bull, Highgate

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I was wrong about the veggie dishes! I'd based my thought on the website. Went into the pub on Sunday and had a great veggie nut roast. There were also another two (I think) main meals and a couple of starters. Good show!<br>
  • Had an amazing meal there the the other week.  Great beer, great food, brilliant service.  Try the pulled pork with pineapple.<br>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Are dogs allowed at lunchtimes?
  • I would think that Misscara would positively encourage dogs at any time! More helpfully, there was a little dog in the time I went to the knitting group.<br>
  • <p>@ilovegreyhounds - We do allow dogs, especially your lovely greyhound, please bring him up! We have a gorgeous Italian Greyhound regular and it would be funny to see them side by side!</p><p>While I'm here, let me also tell everyone about upcoming events at The Bull:</p><p>6 Nations Rugby, all matches shown in the downstairs bar and upstairs lounge.</p><p>Monday Quiz night starting this week. Min £50 cash prize for winning team (max 6 per team). Starts 7.30pm.</p><p>Tuesday Knit Night with Anke and Bronagh. Bring along a current project or needles and wool to get started.</p><p>Wings Wednesday - a giant platter of our famous wings to share with your mates only £5!</p><p>Mon 13th Feb Beer School: Belgian Beers. Beer tasting & snacks - styles, breweries, food matching & more with our brewer Steve. Tickets £15. To book email Steve <a href="mailto:steve@londonbrewing.com">steve@londonbrewing.com</a></p><p>Tue 13th Feb Valentine's Day: Filling up fast but still a few places left. Bookings being taken on 020 834 0510</p><p>22nd & 23rd Feb- PORKLIFE Nose to tail cooking with Masterchef finalists Time Anderson & Tom Whitaker. Tickets only - more info on our website here <a href="http://thebullhighgate.co.uk/events.php?month=2&year=2012">http://thebullhighgate.co.uk/events.php?month=2&year=2012</a></p><p>Mon 27th Feb Beer School: Fruit Beers. Beer tasting & snacks - styles, breweries, food matching & more with our brewer Steve. Tickets £15. To book email Steve <a href="mailto:steve@londonbrewing.com">steve@londonbrewing.com</a></p><p>8th March: Beer Academy Dinner. Details soon to be available on our website.</p><p>We have a gorgeous upstairs space with bar, bookable midweek days and evenings for events and meetings etc. The lounge seats approx 50 and the private dining room 20 but can be opened up into one room with two real fires. See our website for photoshttp://thebullhighgate.co.uk/gallery.php . Free car-park at rear of pub.</p><p> </p><p> </p>
  • <p>Hi everyone, great to see a few of the stroudgreen.org regulars in over the past few weeks, particularly Mapsa, Arkady, Hopping Mad, Lucy, Dorothy, Wooly, Four Eyes and Andy (although I didn't actually see Andy).</p><p>Just a quick update on our events...</p><p>Monday - Quiz night £50 cash prize for winning team (max 6 per team), plus spot prizes. 10% off food bill if you book a table.</p><p>St Patrick's Day 17th March - a special menu from Martin - our Irish chef.</p><p>Mothering Sunday 18th March - Still a few early (12-2) or late afternoon/evening tables left. Book with Lauren on 020 8341 0510</p><p>Monday Night Beer School: Beer tasting & snacks - styles, breweries, food matching & more with our beer expert. Tickets £15. For more info/ to book email Dan <a href="mailto:dan@londonbrewing.com" rel="nofollow"><font color="#637f44">dan@londonbrewing.com</font></a></p><p>Knit Night  - Tuesdays from 7.00 with Anke and Bronagh. Bring along a current project or needles and a ball of wool to get started. Beginners welcome.</p><p>Also planned is a crafting session for 19th May, to be confirmed. If you are interested email <a href="mailto:lauren@londonbrewing.com">lauren@londonbrewing.com</a> and she will send out more details.</p><p>Please take a look at our website <a href="http://thebullhighgate.co.uk/">http://thebullhighgate.co.uk/</a> for more details on our exciting new spring menu, our fabulous range of beers from around the world, our on-site brewery and private dining and function room - which is available to hire FREE Monday - Thursday evenings.</p>
  • Sounds great. I am coming tomo with4 mates. Chang
  • @TheBullHighgate, I've just been trying to look at your website, and every page I tried to look at crashed. I either get the message "A problem with this webpage has caused Internet Explorer to close and reopen the page", or "Internet Explorer has stopped trying to restore this website. It appears that the website continues to have a problem." Any ideas what might be causing it? Thx.
  • I would like someone to run an evening where we can play with the brewing kit
  • Oooh yes. Maybe we could design and brew an SG.org beer using a blend of five different hops: The London Brewing Co's "Fiveways Junction".
  • Vetski - The site was ok yesterday, as far as I know. I needed to look at it a few times. Maybe something to do with your connection? How is it now?<br><br>Andy - evenings are tricky as the kit is in the kitchen and we get insanely busy, but if you have time off in the week when we brew you are welcome to come up and have a go.<br><br>Chang - I have told Anke and Bronagh that you will be joining them for knitting group. They will save you a seat.<br>
  • <P>@TheBullHighgate, my connection seems to be fine for Twitter, sg.org, Yahoo, Google etc, but I've just had exactly the problem I described above with your site - tab recovery on your Home & Events pages, and website restore error when I tried to look at your April events!</P> <P>So direct q - what do you charge for a Sunday roast lunch, and do you have anything special happening on Sun 29th April which would preclude a large group booking? Can't confirm yet or tell you how large, this is currently a half-formed thought!</P>
  • Hi Vetski, I'm on there now from my laptop at home and not encountering any problems so I think it must be something to do with your connection. I'm on a day off today so not sure what we have on 29th April but if you email the details of your event (time, number of people etc) to lauren@londonbrewing.com I'll pick it up and get back to you tomorrow.<br>
  • Hmmm - baffling. I wonder it if might be IE that's the problem rather than the connection. Oh well. Thanks for checking, will be in touch if half-thought solidifies!
  • Copied from the website (which is working fine for me too): <span class="menu_title">Traditional Sunday roast – Roast ribeye of beef £13.75, ½ roast chicken £12.95, roast leg of lamb £13.25, roast loin of pork £12.95 and nut roast £11.95. And apparently nowt on on 29th. <br></span>
  • <p>Thanks for that Idoru. We only put public events on the event page, but I already have a private booking for the private dining room in the afternoon til 2.30. I can take a booking for after 3pm if that's any good to you Vetski?</p>
  • <P>Thanks @Idoru. @TheBullHighgate, I'm afraid that would be rather too late for what I have in mind. Never mind, another time! Thx.</P>
  • You should definitely go another time if you've got vegetarians with you - the nut roast is lovely!<br>
  • @Arkady: so which are the rest of your London top 10?<br><br>
  • edited April 2012
    In no particular order:<br><br>The Prospect of Whitby, Wapping<br>The Captain Kid, Wapping<br>The Town of Ramsgate, Wapping<br>The Grapes, Limehouse<br>The Jerusalem Tavern, Clerkenwell<br>The Lamb & Flag, Soho<br>The Sekforde Arms, Clerkenwell<br>The Salisbury Hotel, Harringay<br>The Flask, Highgate<br>The Wenlock Arms, Hoxton<br><br><br>Honourable mentions (AKA there are at least twenty in my top ten):<br><br>The Charles Lamb, Islington<br>The Devonshire Castle, Marylebone<br>The Windsor Castle, Marylebone<br>The Golden Eagle, Marylebone<br>The Snooty Fox, Canonbury<br>The Two Chairman, St James Park<br>The Cittie of Yorke, Holborn<br>The Stapleton Tavern, Stroud Green<br>The Betjeman Arms, St Pancras<br>The Parcel Yard, King's Cross<br>
  • Thanks, Arkady - I might check some of those out - I don't actually know very many of those.<br>
  • The Torriano, Kentish Town<div>The Pineapple, Kentish Town</div><div>The Flask, Highgate</div><div>The Jerusalem Tavern, Clerkenwell</div><div>The Bree Louise, Euston</div><div>The Salisbury, Haringey</div><div>The Half Moon, Herne Hill</div><div>The Swimmer, Holloway</div><div>The Tipperary, Fleet Street</div><div>The Black Friar, Blackfriars</div><div><br></div><div>This is a good game</div>
  • Discovered the Black Friar recently - should have been on my list.  Also, check out the Cock Pit nearby - it's in a little warren of streets that survived the Blitz - rare for the City.  There's a gorgeous little mews there called The King's Wardrobe!  I'd love to live there.<br><br>The Bree Louise is special.  Go before it's levelled for High Speed 2.<br>
  • The Bree Louise has quite a few years left, I think, even if High Speed 2 does go ahead and even if it does have its terminus at Euston.<br><br>Arkady, I see you list two station pubs (both of which I know).  Are there any others in London worthy of note?<br>
  • They've recently done up the one in Marylebone, that's quite nice now.  And there's good one called the Railway next to Tulse Hill.  Generally slim pickings though.<br>
  • edited April 2012
    Try White Lion of Mortimer. Classic Victorian boozer with cheerful mainly cockney regulars and clean toilets and frequent well attended curry nites. Chang
  • Oh, I don't generally have cause to use Marylebone; I might check out the pub.  I know there's a station pub I used to go to with friends 10 or 20 years ago - I have a suspicion it was a Wetherspoons but my memory may be playing tricks.  I can't for the life of me remember which station it was in, though.<br>
  • Camra's London pub walks book by Bob Steele should be in every household.