2012's Worst-Run Tesco Competition

2»

Comments

• You see, that's the problem. We all moan and then go back and spend money there. That's why there is no incentive for Tesco to make it better.
  • <P>I had a really nice shopping experince there yestrday.  It was all very jolly with Elvis and Bing singing  away across the tanoy.</P> <P>Still  didn't have any whole meal muffins though and seem to have replaced the nice snack dry fruit they  had with some teriable  Whitworths stuff</P> <P>There was also a nice polite  person on the checkout and I also got about 15% off the bill due to various  coupons I had from Tescos. </P>
  • <P>I am on a run with Tescos. Last night I went to stock up on one of their wine offers.  The shelf was empty so I spoke to one of the staff.  She managed to get me stock from the back and when I spoke to the guy she got to carry the cases I thanked him fo going out of his way to help.   His response was that he didn't  someone else would have done so.</P> <P>It is the shop itself and the fulfiment sytem that is the issue not the  staff.</P>
  • I've always had a good response from their head office, but wouldn't waste my time trying to complain to the staff in store.  I've also complained directly to Terry Leahy and received £100 worth of vouchers (that was when I slipped on my arse due to a big puddle of water on the floor).  A member of staff was standing right next to me when I did it, and didn't offer to help at all, just went off to get one of those yellow 'beware wet floor' signs!<div><br></div><div>I've started emailing their customer services every time I get wrongly charged - they never seem to set the prices correctly on the self service tills when they have special offers.  Rather than queue up for 3 days to get it corrected in the store I scan and email the receipt to the customer services dept, and they always send a refund of a bit more than the amount overcharged.  I suppose even though it's tatty and poorly run, that store is probably one of their most profitable so they don't feel the need to update it. </div>
  • I was in about 10am today, and it was a revelation - every aisle I went down was overflowing with what should be there, Christmas songs were playing, I felt like I was in an ad. The beginning of an upswing, or just a Christmas miracle?
  • <P>Sharybo,  You should complain  in store as they pay out double what ever is the difference.  see the little notice on the door to the right of the Drugs Counter.  I suspect that is shown as a cost aginst the store not against a central budget that probably happens with the e-mail.  </P> <P>ADGS that is what I thought on Sunday</P>
  • i still don't understand why you all ever go in there! i haven't been in for about three years. and i look smugly in on all the poor saps queuing every time i go past.
  • It is a thousand times better than any supermarket that was around when  I was a kid !
  • edited December 2017
  • Sophie, Joe - where do you get basics like baked beans, then?
  • edited December 2017
  • Yes, but in my experience everywhere around here that isn't Tesco charges more for them. 
  • edited December 2017
  • Yesterday I bought a Patak's korma sauce from Tesco that was well in date, use-by some time in 2014.  It was mouldy.   I took it back.<br><br>I probably don't need to describe the somewhat disinterested reception I received from the 'customer service assistant' (aka scratch card and fag saleswoman).<br><br>So feeling bloody-minded I persisted and asked to see the manager.  He was perfectly pleasant (though didn't strike me as someone who wielded much authority) and when I pointed out the food safety implications, he agreed it might be a good idea to take the rest of the batch off the shelves, report it to head office and get in touch with Pataks.    I didn't have a lot of confidence he would actually do any of that, but we'll see.   I gave him my card and asked him to email me with the outcome.  Again, we'll see.<br><br>Until I hear back and have some reassurance that food safety gets taken seriously there, I'll feel a bit reluctant to buy food from that branch of Tesco again.   Even preserved food.   There are plenty of other shops that deserve support.   Any more reports of rotten food at Tesco and how complaints were handled?  And meanwhile, I'd avoid the korma sauce!<br>
  • The last two times I have been in there, the 2for1 and other offers that have been advertised on shelf and on pack have not rung into the till and I was overcharged. I only noticed when I looked at my receipt. £3 and £4 here and there really adds up. <br><br>Check your receipts carefully!<br><br>
  • <P> </P> <P> </P> <P>IIf they charge you an incorrect price they wil give you twice the  amount back.  There is a notice to this effecet on the door of the little room next to the baccie counter</P>
  • WHAT.<br>I didn't know that.<br>Cunts.<br>
  • Well, go back and cash in!
  • edited January 2013
    dear barnesbq ... the profanity of your latest post - above - does you (and the rest of us) no credit.
  • edited January 2013
    Channel Four Dispatches doing a very good job on supermarket grocery rip-offs with a focus on stores in Tottenham, Islington and Holloway Road.    A sample basket of groceries is a fifth cheaper in independent groceries than in any of the main supermarkets.   So it's all down to Ash's Stroud Green Fruit & Veg and the Organic Food Shop, then?<br><br>And Tesco and Sainsbury express / convenience stores more expensive still.<br>
  • Yes, good stuff.  The guy who searches the internet for cash back offers is crazy though.  Or maybe not?
  • <P>You just  need to know the  relationship  between your kgs, lbs, pints and litres and a bit of mental arithmetic, saves doing Suduko </P> <P>If anyone has some spare time why not set up a pricematch on here  giving the prices of a set of items  from local shops ?  That we we can get the facts of what goes on around here</P>
  • Who has time to visit several different local shops to get everything they need though? I tend to shop in Morrisons because it's on my way home and I can everything I need in one go. <br>
  • I do! I make time for a couple of hours every week. Ash's on the way home from FP, supermarket for the yellow sticker meat bargains if I need it at lunchtime, make cake, pie etc at home.
  • My wife spotted Canadian cheddar just after New Year on the shelf that had a sell buy date of 7 December. She was going to report it, couldn't find anyone and left.<br><br>Back in there a week ago, she went to get some Canadian cheddar and lo and behold the 7 December sell-by stuff was still there.<br><br>A member of staff has now promised to remove it. <br><br>You would like to think in the fortnight this took place a member of staff would have spotted it and removed it though of their own accord.<br>