Top 3 Heroes of the SG Year RESULTS!

Comments

• He's from Detroit, what do you expect?
  • I've never found him rude - unfailingly polite, more like! Haven't seen him round here for quite a while now. 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited December 2013
    MissC u are so misanthropic , what's up. In those old Chapter One days you were the soul of the party (well on tuesadays) and always up for laugh and dancining around etc. that Postie is a natural SG hero as vetski says. Chang
  • The singing postman is a character but he is quite cheeky. Said something quite rude to me once and I was just calling round to a friend's place.  I took it in my stride but he is a bit in your face and over familiar.
  • edited December 2013
    Well, yet another thread that started out in high spirits and then turned into a slanging match and outlet to have a go at people. Merry Christmas one and all.
  • Oh, I don't know, Miss Annie. We've seen worse. After all, it was this thread that awarded me a Hero's Medal, Second Class, so I'm not complaining. You did even better, didn't you? It'll be Dame Annie and Sir Checkski in 2014, you'll see. As for Merry Christmas, I'm afraid it's Ha Bumhugtime for me. Miss Cara and I are as one on this issue. We wish you all well, though, natch, now as ever. N'est-ce pas, Miss C? Or perhaps she doesn't - she has been delightfully grumpy of late. I nominate Chang as SGR Hero Of The Year. He and his brother Tom have kept us amused and informed all year. See you all at Buckingham Palace!
  • <P>Quite a funny thread really. We are debating the merits of the singing postman being allowed into the Stroud Green Heroes wall of fame. Apparently he's fake and can be quite rude, my only measure is whether he delivers my post properly and/or doesn't go on strike all the time. His singing is something i doubt i would see in the home counties and so i like it. I wish he'd do some Rick Astley.</P> <P>No heroes per se, but SG characters.</P> <P>1. Man with a beard who regularly walks up and down Hornsey Road with a baseball cap on backwards. I have never seen him without it on. </P> <P>2. 50p man. Bloke who walks up and down Hanley road approximately 10-15 times a day in varying states of sanity but who always says "you alright boss, got 50p for a coffee". I worry about him, he doesn't look as healthy as 12 months ago.</P> <P>3. Flip flop women. Wears them even when it snows. Tends to get a bit angry after 5pm. Could be lager fuelled. Caught her shouting at some cars at 11am on a Sunday once.</P> <P>4.The Cowboy. Could have come off a set from a John Wayne film. Looks hard as nails, wears the hat and boots every day of the week. He might have even had a cat on his shoulders, but that could be an urben legend.</P> <P> </P>
  • Wow I have never seen any of these. The cowboy does sound possi le hero material. And thanks Checksky for the positive vibes. Chang
  • Second the cowboy, seven sisters hero!
  • edited December 2013
    Don't be a sour puss it's Xmas! Get down to the panto, get your red glass out and get in the seasonal mood! It will all be back to normal next week.... Hugh Hayes of Friends of FP is another hero... Chang Chang
  • <P>I don't think people get offended by it, they just get bored. By all accounts Nelson Mandela had a fairly easy ride on SG.org, i was expecting someone to mention that he once flouted a hosepipe ban and that he didn't like dogs very much.....and for that reason, his life shouldn't be celebrated.</P>
  • Healthy scepticism is good Misscara. It's just that of late every time anyone makes any positive statement you can be guaranteed to swoop in and say something miserable about it. This is often hilarious - intentionally or otherwise. You are are very own Morrissey.
  • Everybody who has a wildlife friendly garden and feeds the birds.
  • edited December 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @misscara "tell a joke beggerman" - that's very nasty 
  • edited December 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 2 secs ;) Other heroes are two men who directed the traffic last night at the Nandos junction when the traffic lights went out in the storm. Could have been very dangerous but they were great. Chang
  • Misscara why don't you find out his name than call him that instead of something so horrible?<div><br></div>
  • edited December 2013
    With joy, hosannahs and holly sprightly . See you under the mistletoe at the Sir Walter Scott? Chang
  • edited December 2017
  • Them elves and pixies never stop ....
  • Misscara I hope you find a solution to whatever has been troubling you in recent times. It is obviously been making you very angry. <div><br></div><div>I am sorry I have been so patronising. In order to make up for it I will get on my high horse and give £3 to comedian beggars. </div><div><br></div><div>I hope you have a lovely break too. </div>