Old Dairy reopening ?

2»

Comments

• Reminds me of the time someone refused to put money in the collection tin in the Archway Tavern and got hit full whack around the head with a bar stall.

I see quite a bit of Colombian usage in the White Lion nowadays.
  • edited May 2023
    Re the Colombian usage: in my visits to the gents facilities at the White Lion, I have noticed a hugely disproportionate number of men ignoring the urinals and going straight to the cubicles and shutting themselves in. Either there are a lot of guys with bowel problems in Stroud Green or.......
  • The Nicholas Nickleby is like a pub designed by Samuel Beckett
  • Nothing happens. Let's go. We can't. Why not?
  • My review after a visit on Friday:

Shiny, new and completely generic, seems to have lost any semblance of character. Bar staff friendly but pretty clueless. On the plus side they do have a decent selection of the more mainstream craft beers on.

Wonder if it'll ever go back to being the way it was or they're happier aiming for a different demographic?
  • Went there for lunch on Sunday. Well, tried. For a busy-ish Sunday there was one waiter and one person behind the bar taking both food orders and doing all drinks. The kitchen was clearly understaffed too as when we finally got to the front of the queue to order food we were told there was an hour wait. We left. The Stapleton is alas not serving Sunday roasts until September so we had a fairly poor meal at Piccolo Diavolo instead.
  • edited July 2023
    @Scruffy Was it not called The White Lion when it was a Weatherspoons in the 90s? I remember the 'ye olde look'. It had its hoods. As in different groups of people had their seating areas every time I went in. You wouldn't dare sit where they sat.
  • @kreuzkav Indeed, it was “The White Lion of Mortimer” —Mortimer being used frequently in Wetherspoons’ names (The Mortimer Arms, etc.)