Noble is going downhill

13»

Comments

• edited 8:55AM
    I went to the Noble for the first time today - absolutely love it, please say it's not going to have a refurb?
    Don't think it will. Definitely not in need of one for sure. New owership but nothing obvious seems to have changed...
    Oh phew, I'm glad to hear that - I was afraid of it being gastropubified, or even getting brighter lighting / fewer sofas.

New favourite pub!
    I met a very nice lady there on Friday night. Tasty, friendly and intelligent but not the show off type. So yeh it's a good pub and the food looks tasty 2. Chang
    Oof. Was in here for about 40 mins tonight. Guess it was near the end of the night but it seemed pretty sketchy. Bar staff were civil enough but were doing the old 'let's bang chairs about and generally make a real racket so people leave'.
    There was quite a drunk crowd outside who needed a telling off, but generally any atmosphere the place used to have on a Saturday had been replaced by the smell of cooking grease and stomping staff.
    Maybe Sunday lunchtimes are still pleasant?
    Yikes, glad to hear that! I'd been in Cambridge all day so I'd thought of stopping off at the Noble before going home, around 10.30ish, thanks for making me relieved to skip it!
  • edited September 2011
    In there Friday night. Food still very good but a less extensive menu, and I couldn't help feeling there was a slightly different vibe to the place. It felt like a bit less attention to detail. Late in the evening someone wiped everything off the blackboard and just scrawled four or five standard puddings on it - the Noble's imaginative staples in that fine cursive script all vanished. Hope they come back.

The new landlady seemed very anxious to please though. Don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Going downhill steadily if Saturday night was anything to go by. <br>
  • Monosyllabic grumpy barman/manager. Music that my dad would've rejected as bad. It just didn't feel like the Noble, and was pretty empty (seemed like everybody had gone to the Stapleton).<br><br>Hopefully we just caught it at a bad moment.<br>