Whats your Earworm?

Comments

• ADGS re: my amazing instincts - ok so I reckon you don't love the Royals, but you do feel a bit patriotic, you didn't buy the charity song, and you don't like the bankers, so either you think the unemployed should work for free or you get your insurance from Go compare! LOL!!! Come on, which is it?<br>
  • <P>OK, I can do without a catheter for 9m 59s.</P> <P>Before this discussion got thread-jacked, I was asking about local choirs (already know about Pooles Park & St Thomas' Women's). Any others in the area?</P>
  • <p>The Queen is a cool woman nuff said.</p>
  • oh please... excuse me while I throw up!<br>
  • <p>Feel free to vomit but as this is my personal opinion and this is a public forum I can say what I wish. In my eyes the Queen and to a lesser extent the Royal Family as a whole have done more good than bad for the country, they cost each person 69p last year.</p><p>Now I would much rather that my 69p went to the royal family than to a President Blair, Brown or Cameron.</p><p>I really do belive that Great Britain is a better country with a continued Royal line, its something that links the past and future.</p><p>Yes they have privelige and wealth, but I would not wish to swap with the Queen for a second. She does a hard job well, never speaks her own mind and has to put up with people like you shouting them down at every turn.</p><p>So here is a deal, I will give you £1.38 if you would just shut the fuck up about it for the next 2 years.</p><p> </p>
  • 69p too much. Touched a raw nerve did I? A bit like religion, anything that challenges the programmed belief system, immediately triggers a defensive response.<br><br>Does a hard job well does she? and just exactly what do they do for ordinary people like you and me? I'd love to know. They really do love the flag wavers like you. <br>
  • <P>Ooh, will you pay me £1.38 as well, Detritus? And all the the other sensible republicans in the country? I bet that would be quite a lot of money, money which the royal parasites have pinched from the hard-pressed tax-payer. Even if they were a bunch of Einsteins, it would be a fregatura (rip-off). Far from splitting the atom, the queen has spent a lifetime shaking hands and smiling. If you or I were offered a deal like that I hope we would have the moral integrity to turn it down. </P> <P>While we're on the subject, would you be willing to put the top back on my toothpaste twice a day, D? After you have done the same for Miss Annie, of course. Go on, be a sport, we live in the same road!  I promise to waive my 69p, and shut up forever if you will come and be my valet. </P> <P>I agree with Chode, and see no reason whatsoever why he should shut up, at least on this topic!</P>
  • edited March 2012
    <p>Anyhow back to earworms and its been the national anthem, along with pomp and circumstance and if I get time in my busy schedule of worshiping the Queen I might allow Rule Britannia to enter my head. </p><p>I find republicans a strange breed. If I was offered a deal like the Queen (and she was not offered dont forget) I would turn it down because its bloody hard work, yes there is money and the trappings of luxury but she is a old woman who just helps the country by being seen. </p><p>Do you think that <span class="goog_qs-tidbit goog_qs-tidbit-0">Liberté, égalité, fraternité</span><span class="goog_qs-tidbit goog_qs-tidbit-0">,</span> really made France a better place?</p><p>And it was Walton and Cockroft not Einstein.</p>
  • <P>I want a real earworm - I used Otex to unblock my left ear yesterday, but have largely lost the hearing in it instead!</P> <P>I have never understood why people worry about what the Royal Family cost us. They don't actually cost us anything - they are a net financial asset. Have you heard of the Crown Estate? Here's a little history. George III made his considerable land holdings (aka the Crown Estate) over to the state in return for what became known as the Civil List. Old George was a bit of a spendthrift and had to be bailed out a few times, but only rarely since it began has the annual grant made over to the Royals exceeded or even come anywhere close to the income the Crown Estate earns for the nation. The system is changing - rather than the Civil List payment, from 2013 the Royals will receive about 15% of the income the Crown Estate generates. In 2010, the Civil List payment was £7.9 million; but the Crown Estate generated a surplus of £210m. There are of course other costs outside the Civil List grant e.g. policing & security, but on a net basis, excluding related benefits such as royal-related tourism and investment, they're not picking our pockets! The real problem is what the Treasury then does with the Crown Estate income - but that's a whole other debate. </P>
  • hmmm... the Saxa Coburg crime dynasty aren't picking our pockets? What about "Her Majesty's" (what a sickening phrase), revenue and customs? border control (what a joke), and various other sources like oil that they have their dirty little fingers in?<br><br>Yes, they bring in the flag wavers from across the pond (it's like a real Disneyland to them), who spend money, which benefits some local businesses, but the state get their share of that too, with taxes and huge business rates etc.<br>
  • Saxa is a cooking salt...I think you mean Saxe-Coburg-Gotha! HMRC, border control etc are not in The Queen's purview - you'll need to have a word with the PM! Part of the purpose behind the creation of the Civil List was to remove the direct management of the civil governance of this country from the hands of the monarch, as some of them had proven to be spectacularly bad at it.  
  • Saxa / Saxe, they're all just covers for their real identities anyway. These criminal networks share the wealth and power anyway, all the formalities are just a front.<br>
  • edited March 2012
    Absolute power corrupts, absolutely. Krishnamurti.<br>
  • <p>Gorillaz - Plastic Beach.</p><p>@chode Are you of the 'They're all lizards' persuasion?</p>
  • “Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.” And yet despite this supposedly common knowledge that we should never completely trust these extraordinary individuals… most of us go right on doing it. Why?"
  • <P>No, no no!! </P> <P>"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely" - Lord Acton, 3rd April 1887. Krishnamurti wasn't even born till 1895!</P>
  • edited March 2012
    @Annie, Not particularly, no. but I'm open minded to it. But don't let that distract you from the fact that these people aren't doing anything in your interests, they're doing for their own interests and to hold on to power at whatever cost.<br>
  • Yes, it was Lord Acton, but Krishnamurti repeats it. Who's ever heard of Lord Acton? That's why I refer to Krishnamurti.<br>
  • Who's ever heard of Lord Acton? Just about everyone I know! But then I do know a lot of historians and academics, all of whom frown upon plagiarism...
  • @Annie, the "lizard" thing is a huge subject, and I'm not gonna go down that route, you can read Ickes books if you wanna discuss that. What I will say though, is that there's a lot of historical reference to "serpent gods", so I view it as a form of ancient religion, and they may or may not perform "religious" rituals in regard to these "deity's" or whatever you want to call them, in those elitist circles. I'm not really an expert on Satanism, you'd have to ask the queen.<br>
  • @vetski - to be honest, I've not really heard of him, but then I'm not really a historian. <br>
  • Nothing wrong with plagiarism, if it helps distribute knowledge.<br>
  • edited March 2012
    Chode - I know I should stop encouraging you, but you got the patriotism right, and the other wrong. I went for a half on the royals, because I prefer the idea of royals to President Blair, I just find the current batch a bit wet. As regards your subsequent profiling attempts: I don't watch <i>EastEnders,</i> and I hate the Dairy. Those supposedly incisive instincts of yours are getting less impressive by the post. <br><br>Besides, surely by your world-view, it wouldn't be a foreign country dropping a missile on me, it would be some ludicrously convoluted plot by the government of my own, requiring hundreds of people to maintain a secrecy which, in the age of whistleblowers, Wikileaks and departmental laptops left in pubs, seems even more impossible than it used to?<br>
  • I want someone to design a conspiracy theorists top trumps game. Here's my bid at the the first card: <div style="font-style: normal; "><br></div><div> The Lyndon La Rouche movement. They believe in the usual antisemitic drivel and they also believe:<div><ul><li style="font-style: normal; "><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">That Obama's health care plan is a Nazi plot (no, really);</span></li><li><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">That the Queen runs the drug trade (yes, really); <i>and</i></span></li><li style="font-style: normal; "><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">That the Fabians secretly run the world, with the Queen's help.</span></li></ul></div><div style="font-style: normal; "><div>I'd score them like this: </div><div><br></div><div>Paranoia: 85</div><div>Perverse inventiveness: 95</div><div>Internal inconsistency: 90</div><div>Popularity/influence: 5</div><div>General nastiness: 90</div><div><br><div>See here:  <a href="http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/08/25/visitors-from-planet-larouche/">http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/08/25/visitors-from-planet-larouche/</a>  <br>See also:  <a href="http://www.demos.co.uk/files/Conspiracy_theories_paper.pdf?1282913891">http://www.demos.co.uk/files/Conspiracy_theories_paper.pdf?1282913891</a><div><br></div><div><br></div></div></div></div></div>;
  • Tommy Udo wrote a brilliant book called <i>Vatican Bloodbath</i> about a decade back, with the tagline "The centuries-old battle between the Royal Family and the Catholic Church for control of the world's heroin trade is about to heat up - WITH HILARIOUS CONSEQUENCES!"<br>Of course, he had the wit to realise it was fiction.<br>My favourite conspiracy theories are the really far-out ones, eg: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_time_hypothesis<br>;
  • That one is pretty wonderful. It's so gloriously Euro-centric: China had the flipping Tang Dynasty between 618 and 906.  <a href="http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/tang/hd_tang.htm">http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/tang/hd_tang.htm</a>;
  • Like I said upthread. I find that conspiracy theories tend at base to bear a lot of resemblance to the most conservative and establishment ideologies, just 'rebelliously' upended. <br>
  • edited March 2012
    @ADGS - yes you shouldn't encourage me up onto my soapbox! LOL!<br><br>Anyhow, if we had a president Blair (currently a peace envoy!), then he wouldn't actually be a president of the UK, he'd be a European president. The point of desoveriegnisation, and the creation of super states, is to make it easier for the criminal dynasties to have easier control of the world.<br><br>The banking collapse, and countries going bankrupt is all an engineered scam. The constant "steering" of society with political correctness and trivial laws, and idol worship, such as celebrities and the Royals for example, is encouraged, as it's another form of conditioning (brainwashing if you like).<br><br>Look at the themes on the news on a daily basis:<br><br>Afghanistan - support the brave soldiers who are protecting you from the bad people who want to come and get you, (they're not protecting our main source of heroin production, honest!)<br><br>Royals - look at your wonderful masters, look they're nice, (worship them you bastards!)<br><br>Paedo's - ooh look, they're everywhere (get your kids microchipped, so we can track them in the future if they rebel against us).<br><br>Virus's - ooh, there's a nasty new virus that's gonna kill you ( we manufactured it by the way, and the virus isn't necessarily gonna kill you, but the vaccine probably will, at least it will dumb you down with the mercury content, and fuck up your immune system)<br><br>Obesity - oh you're too fat, it's the sugar, have aspartame instead, it won't cause you health problems or kill you, honest!<br><br>Contributing to society - all people who are unemployed are lazy and should work for the government for free, and the ones who don't should pay taxes all their lives, retire much later, then die a.s.a.p. so we don't have to give them any money back.<br><br>And unfortunately, some people absorb all this shit, and worship the evil ones that perpetrate it.<br><br>Rant over! That's all I'm ever gonna say on the matter. You Royalists should think about that. It's not necessarily about us, but the world we leave behind for our children, and their kids.<br><br>
  • Isn't the Icke line that the reptiloid criminal dynasties are also paedophiles? But presumably the paedo panic he's aiming to spread is entirely different from the sort that the evil, brainwashing mainstream media spreads. Even though there's an overlap when both heavily (and in this instance rightly) implicate the Catholic Church. <br>
  • Forget Icke, just use common sense and look at the world around you, and ask yourself, "is this right, is this how it should be"?<br><br>Catholic church, don't get me started on them!!! LOL!<br><br>