Whats your Earworm?

Comments

• <p>I have a child and I want him to understand the Royal Family and respect that institution for what it is, and I am certainly not absorbing shit that is put into the media, I make my own mind up and I think this country is far better off for having a constitutional monarchy than a elected figurehead.</p><p>I have lived in a number of other countries most have the elected figurehead. </p><p>I think we should have a referendum in the UK about keeping the Queen then when 95% of the population have voted to keep the Queen this topic can be put to bed. </p><p>Oh and just so you know how unbrainwashed I am I married a Muslim, converted to Islam and my son is growing up as a Muslim in Jordan, so no I really dont think you can lay being brainwashed at my feet.</p><p>What do you suggest as an alternative?</p>
  • Hey, Hey, We're the Monkees, by the Monkees.
  • Bottom line for me is, that it sickens me to see people lining up with their kids to get their 'jabs', turning a blind eye to the child rapists, because they've been conditioned that the church is good etc. and blindly accepting everything that they're told to think by a corporate controlled media who have an agenda, without question.<br>
  • edited March 2012
    Good tune Idoru, I have had Army Dreamers - Kate Bush in my head today.
  • @detritus - best thing you can do for your chld mate, is to tell him the truth. Keep him away from the royals, and religion.<br>
  • <P>AVB has been sacked.Good news for Chelsea and super Franky Lampard...Bad news for Arsenal and Tottenham... </P> <P>I think that if you believe in the royal family you are saying to the rest of the world we are a hierachical society not an egalitarian society and that that is a good thing.In England you get things because of birth not ability.</P> <P>That message is wrong.</P> <P>So England should be a republic.</P> <P>England was a republic in the 17th century for a few years.So it can be done again.</P> <P>The fact that the majority of people in the uk want the monarchy show that they accept the British class system.</P> <P>Other countries with no monarchy run themselves ok.</P> <P>Prince Charles and the Duke Of Edinburgh and the Her Majesty the Queen have done alot of good however for the youth.Such as the Duke of Edinburgh scheme helping young people.So I like them personally.</P> <P>If prince charles wants the monarchy to continue it would be best if he did not become king and let william do the job as william is much more popular than charles.</P> <P>an earworm - the national anthem. The lyrics of which will  be changed to "God save our gracious king" -  </P> <P> </P> <P> </P> <P> </P>
  • @detritus - I haven't said you're brainwashed, I've said idol worship in general is a form of brainwashing, actually conditioning, which is indirect brainwashing.<br><br>But it's a free world mate (is it?), you can beleive, or do whatever you like. I'd be the first person to defend your freedom of expression.<br><br>
  • <p>Your right there, the best thing I can do for my child is tell him the truth, tell him what the royals have done for this country and why they should be kept.</p><p>Religion is his decision when he is old enough to make up his own mind.</p>
  • No I'm the first person to defend my freedom of expression. I dont idol worship I just feel deep down that the Queen has done far more good than bad.
  • @detritus I'd still love to know exactly what they've done for us. What are you going to tell your son that they have done for this country?<br><br>And I'm not being funny mate, but religion doesn't exactly encourage making up your own mind! Especially if it's forced upon you from  childhood. If he's lucky, he will be able to make up his own mind. I really hope he can mate.<br>
  • <P>I definitely prefer having a monarch to the idea of having a president. In any country there are many ceremonial duties, and it makes a lot of sense to separate the two as much as possible. We do here to a large extent - the Royals do the ceremony, the PM does the governing. The amount of time the US President spends on ceremonial duties is ridiculous - there are from time to time suggestions in the US (even from members of Congress) that they should have a monarch for precisely that reason. I also like the fact that there's someone with a rather longer-term view, a strong sense of history and no particular political bias/animus who can take PMs to task from time to time! </P> <P>@chode - my other half was out during the Acton/Krishnamurti bit, but when he came back, I gave him the quote and asked if he knew whose it was. He said Acton. I said it had been repeated by Krishnamurti. He said "Who's Krishnamurti?"!</P>
  • If I was a Lord I would not choose to be Lord of Acton. It is and always was a dump. At least in the old days SG was a nice leafy village with a dairy and probably an early Tescos ;) I read that the old
  • I read on the Internet that da Queen mum came to Sg 5 ways. Years ago. Show's there is a Royal conection. The empire strikes back ? Chang
  • edited March 2012
    @Mirandola. ... you jest, but ... it won't be too long before we get the hateful Elders of Zion trope intermingled ...
  • edited March 2012
    @vetski - Krishnamurti was an Indian "guru", a writer and speaker on philosophy and spirituality. He mainly spoke about the nature of the mind, human relationships, and bringing about positive change in society. I've not read all his stuff, but what I have read was very interesting. I'd like to revisit his stuff when I get a chance. It's been a long time.<br>
  • Back to earworms, my one today is Ri Ri's talk that talk.<br>
  • <p> <a href=""> The Half a Bee - earworm of the day.</p>
  • Thank you and goodbye.
  • "Heaven, I'm in heaven, and it seems to me the happiness I seek, is when we're out together dancing cheek to cheek." Unfortunately that's the only bit of the song I know, so it's got a bit repetitive.<br>
  • Have been having some great cheese yesterday & today - 'Black is Black', 'Yes Sir, I can Boogie' and 'Chanson D'Amour'!
  • <p>Best of that genre, in fact one of the best songs ever is 'Feels Like I'm in Love' Kelly Marie - completely brilliant.</p><p><a href="">
  • edited March 2012
    <p>Its just the guitar bit from Crazy Horses - Osmonds</p><p> </p>
  • edited March 2012
  • This morning it was All The Small Things by Blink 182, now it's changed to Fernando by Abba.<br>
  • <P>There's a piece on this on the BBC website today. Here: <A href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17105759">http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17105759</A></P>; <P>Plus, there's a whole site dedicated to the phenomenon: <A href="http://earwormery.com/">http://earwormery.com/</A></P>; <P>Carry on.</P> <P> </P>
  • edited March 2012
    <p>You beat me to it Marquis, and it's my all time favourite earworm today Marching On Together - Leeds United.</p><p><a href="">
  • edited March 2012
    <p>Had this in my head all day and it is driving me nuts.</p><p>Apologies to anyone from Burnley</p><p>Your mum's your dad, your dad's your mum. You inbred twat, you Burnley scum.</p><p>Some football songs are oh so charming, and it's 100% Miss Annie's fault that it's in my head.</p><p> </p>
  • Poxy - tune!<br><br>I have had Philip Jeays' 'Seven Signs of Ageing' in my head for three days. Given it is a song about how consumerism is used to distract and pacify the populace, I'm not sure quite how that accords with the earworms-as-Illuminati-mind-control idea.<br>
  • Band on the Run by Wings.<br>