Whats your Earworm?

Comments

• I keep getting that stupid 'party kitchens' tune in my head. I have a feeling they're trying to get me to buy a kitchen!<br>
  • and that 'effing' "go compare" ad drives me 'effing' nuts!<br>
  • But their brainwashing techniqe has the opposite effect on me, because I would never use that site, in fact the only thing I'd do to it is take it down. I'd rather pay 3 times the price for insurance than use those bastards.<br>
  • The country has always, according to some Jeremiahs, been more violent that it was when they were young. So it's been getting more and more violent, always, even though back in the 18th century there were highwaymen on the roads and *proper* dangerous civil disturbances like the Gordon Riots? I rather think not. Of course, if Chode prefers the unspecified 'evidence' supposedly all around itself to anything silly like actual statistics (which are of course falsified by the Man) then there'll be no arguing with it. <br><br>Also, while I fully agree that music can contribute massively to self-definition, I would much rather people were singing Britney (and 'I'm A Slave 4 U' taken in isolation is hardly representative of the whole - if they've got '3' and "Living in sin is the new thing", where's the problem?) than 'Onward Christian Soldiers, marching as to war'.<br>
  • ADGS, re: religious songs - as always you have expressed what I wanted to say much more eloquently than I would have.
  • edited March 2012
    religion - another form of control and conditioning. Anyway, I choose not to trust any "official statistics" for anything as "officials" are proved time and time again to be liars. So I prefer to trust my own instincts and experiences, and those of others.<br><br>You lot keep believing official sources are your sources of truth if you want. They've got you just where they want you.<br>
  • I bet you lot all get your insurance from "Go Compare", are very patriotic, love the Royals, think people on the dole are all scroungers and should work for bread and water, the bankers aren't all that bad, oh and I bet you all bought that charity song from the soldiers wives, to support "help the heroes", and all because you were 'told' to, whether you know it or not.<br>
  • edited March 2012
    not to mention the 3 million people who bought the Sun on Sunday. <br>
  • re: ADGS, Annie - religious songs: yes it's very godly and Christian to march off to war isn't it?<br>
  • <p>I'm sorry but I think that half of what your saying is utter shit, the media in the UK is amongst the best in the world. I would like to think that most of the people who use this forum would not just visit one media source for there news. I use the BBC, Al Jazeera, msn, ITV and Channel 4 plus read as many of the papers that I can. And I still don't think that we are told the truth.</p><p>But as you say that you like to trust your own instincts but would your instincts be tainted by what you learnt as a child and in your formative years?</p><p>As it brings this debate to the nature/nurture conversation, nobody has me where they want me, I make my own mind up and if it upsets people then so be it but its my own choice, not a shadowy government figure whispering insidious comments into my drip fed ear.</p><p>Yes I am patriotic, no I didnt get the help for heroes, song, and people on the dole should not work for bread and water, they should be hung by their heels to show the rest of the great unwashed not to be layabouts and scoundrels.</p>
  • <p>I absolutely adore the Queen and am massively excited about the Diamond Jubilee. But you probably already know that as you appear to know an awful lot about me for someone who has only just joined this forum. It's quite scary actually! </p>
  • Detritus / Annie, our Stroud Green couple :-), info can be sensored if the powers that be want it to be. News comes mainly from corporate sources such as AP and Reuters, and news international etc. anything published is usually controlled by editors.<br><br>Journalists are basically repeaters. They turn up at parliament, get told how things are, and then walk out across the green and repeat it in front of a camera. So... don't believe everything you're told.<br><br>By the way, I've been reading this forum for a while, so I feel like I know some of you already. Be aware that when you're talking on a public forum, people can profile you, you can give info away without realising it. It astonishes me that some of you say where you live and when you're going out etc.! So no, it's not that scary when you think about it.<br>
  • Annie, by the way, I'm sure the Royals love the fact that you worship them. But what have they ever done for you? They take your money for a start. But I won't go into the rest of it. You could research that for yourself.<br>
  • "I come not to bring peace, but a sword", said JC. People selling christianity as all peace and love are picking and choosing just as surely as the fire'n'brimstone mob.<br><br>Chode - what you're actually saying is that you prefer your own prejudices to anything that might upset them. Which is not an uncommon attitude, but it's rare to see it expressed so baldly. And since you're into similarly bold assertions about other posters on here, again based on nothing so dangerously compromising as a shred of proof (FYI: in my case, you managed 1.5/5 - 30% is not a great hit rate, so I'd be a little more wary of your much-trumpeted instincts) - would I be right in guessing that you're also a 9/11 'truther' and may have been known to use the word 'sheeple'?<br>
  • ADGS - oh I had a test did I and scored 30%? hmmm... wasn't aware of that. You might be right in thinking I'm a 911 truther, and even a 7/7 truther which is a bit closer to home. Would that be a bad thing in your book? I suggest you look at some of the many unanswered questions, read about operation paperclip, understand what false flag means, and then watch the BBC report of Peter Power speaking on the morning of 7/7.<br><br>But anyway, you're all a little defensive about the new boy on the block aren't you? LOL.<br><br>
  • ...or am I a girl?<br>
  • @Chode - did you really laugh out loud at that end of that earlier post? 
  • ... 911 truthers, what a bunch of idiots they must be... much better to believe the"official" story without question. Have you had your swine flu vaccination yet? LOL.<br>
  • edited March 2012
    Yes I did laugh out loud, it's such fun chatting to people!<br>
  • You made five assertions about those of us disagreeing with you:<br>1. I bet you lot all get your insurance from "Go Compare", <br>2. are very patriotic, <br>3. love the Royals <br>4. think people on the dole are all scroungers and should work for bread and water, the bankers aren't all that bad, <br>5. oh and I bet you all bought that charity song from the soldiers wives, to support "help the heroes", <br>(4 could have been split, admittedly, but since those attitudes tend to come as a package, I left them together)<br>And in my case, three and a half of those statements are untrue. I'll leave you and your amazing instincts to assess which. <br><br>I've heard all the stuff you're referencing before (though what the blazes Wernher von Braun has to do with the matter is unclear to me). The idea that the Peter Power clip is some kind of smoking gun I find genuinely hilarious, and a reflection of the sheltered lives most 'truthers' seem to lead. When shit is blowing up, it is not entirely clear at any given point which shit has blown up. Sometimes you think a particular piece of shit has blown up, shortly before this has in fact happened. For a low-risk way to experience this phenomenon, I strongly recommend paintball; first time I played, at one point I thought I had been got, except I hadn't, but by the time I realised that, I had! The phrase 'false flag' is handy, but the phrase 'fog of war' is doubly so.   <br><br>And speaking for myself, I'm not defensive per se, just annoyed. As I tend to get annoyed with delusional bores, which most conspiracy theorists are. 'Truthers' have the same naive belief in the omnipotence of Western governments as the most flamboyantly foolhardy neo-cons, they just go for a teenage inversion - so that instead of the all-powerful daddy figure being benevolent, he is HORRID and MEAN. Dull, yet still oddly comforting when set against the really horrific truth - we're going at top speed, but nobody's driving this thing. <br>
  • edited March 2012
    Shit... you should write a book! That's very analytical of you! The conditioning has worked on you hasn't it? Paintballing is for kids by the way,<br><br>Well I won't bore you anymore with it mate, you carry on in your delusional world watching Eastenders and drinking in the Old Dairy, and think about the "theorists" when some foreign country drops a missile on your house.<br>
  • edited March 2012
    @ADGS: just give the Krazy Gang members some silence to shout into ... they'll soon run out of steam
  • Joe, you're right, my lips are sealed!<br><br>
  • <P>chode - Should Wagner music be banned because it is what Hitler listened to?</P> <P>It is a discussion forum of ideas - so no need for any personal unpleasantness.</P> <P>I believe that some of chode's arguments are correct - such as regarding messages going into subconscious mind.</P> <P>I would take the intolerant approach and ban hip hop music.Because these send bad messages to the youth.</P> <P>Messages like women are there to be used by men in a bad way and it is ok to be violent and to be a gangster.</P> <P>Youths in the UK copy the crime gangs of the USA.And hip hop culture glamorises criminal behaviour.</P> <P>I don't know why Chode writes that he/she has a profile of people and where they live.I dont like the sound of that.Because although I disagree with some peoples opinions on here I dont dislike them in any way.Just debate. </P> <P> </P>
  • What Andy and Ian said.<div style="font-style: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-style: normal; ">Plus this: </div><div style="font-style: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-style: normal; ">In my reality based universe government stats are produced by kind, slightly nerdy people whose eyes light up when you ask them how a certain piece of evidence is collected because then they get to explain it to you  - including explaining the level of confidence in the data, the pros and cons of the collection methods, how it might be improved, what it costs to collect, what they learnt from the thing that went wrong in 1958, and how there's this really interesting piece of maths that helps them interpret it better.  </div><div style="font-style: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-style: normal; ">I like them. </div><div style="font-style: normal; "><br></div><div>They'd be <i>useless</i> at conspiracies.</div><div style="font-style: normal; "><br></div>
  • Chris, I didn't say I had a profile of people, I don't. What I said is, people need to be careful what personal info they give out on public forums, because they can be profiled.<br><br>Of course, just debate, and I respect the fact that people have their own opinions.<br><br>I don't think music made Hitler a psychopath. He was just born like that. It's hard wired into them.<br><br>You're right about the messages, and my original point was that they can unconsiously shape peoples behaviour, especially young people who are particularly susceptible to it.<br><br>But you make a point that's a bit 'out there' and people will naturally spark a debate!<br><br>Anyway, it livens the place up a bit! :-)<br>
  • <P>Of course Wagner shouldn't be banned because Hitler listened to it - or even because Wagner pre-empted many of Hitler's less savoury ideas. But if I'm going to listen to the whole of the Gotterdammerung, I want a damn comfy cushion, chocolate and a catheter!</P> <P>Got a mental blast of Men at Work's 'Down Under' earlier - and just writing that has now given me 'Safety Dance' by Men Without Hats.</P>
  • <span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial; font-size: 14px; ">Time that with this strange excuse</span><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial; font-size: 14px; "><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial; font-size: 14px; ">Pardoned Kipling and his views,</span><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial; font-size: 14px; "><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial; font-size: 14px; ">And will pardon Paul Claudel,</span><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial; font-size: 14px; "><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial; font-size: 14px; ">Pardons him for writing well.</span>
  • <P>chode - i see what you mean</P> <P>advertisers on tv spend millions of pounds paying for their products to be advertised on tv.knowing that what people see on tv affects peoples behaviour...so message from the media obviously do influence behaviour...</P> <P>so i agree that images in music videos etc can also affect behaviour</P> <P>in the late 1980's in london kids started copying what new york kids were doing ie running onto tube trains in gangs and robbing people they called it "steaming".this was a straight copy from what kids in new york did.kids involved in hip hop culture in new york and london did this steaming/robbing...</P> <P>so perhaps hip hop culture wont make a normal kid bad but kids who are on the edge of society perhaps it can make them worse...you cant really prove or disprove that...but the arguement about tv advertising is a good one i think so it would be better to play it safe and ban potential bad influences like hip hop culture and music in the uk...  </P>
  • edited March 2012
    Who could hate Wagner's "Das Ring ... " once having had It properly explained by an expert?  <div><br></div><div>Cue 'Dame' Anna Russell (pt. 1) </div><div><br></div><div>