Whats your Earworm?

Comments

• Rebel Yell - that's brilliant.
  • <p>Hitting pigs with hammers - I was made to watch this once after a night out with some Californian surfer dudes a few years ago.</p><p>
  • <P>a love supreme by john coltrane...</P> <P>footballs coming home by baddiel and skinner,euro 96</P> <P>london calling</P>
  • <P>the pogues and kirsy macColl - fairytale of new york</P> <P>girls and boys by blur</P> <P>barber's adagio for strings - william orbit</P> <P>if anyone knows how to put this music from youtube onto here please do... </P>
  • samuel barber's adagio for strings - if anyone can put this on from youtube...also like william orbit version of this...
  • <P>gil scott - heron... "the bottle"</P> <P>put this on from youtube...</P>
  • <P>match of the day theme tune</P> <P>grange hill theme tune...</P>
  • <P>funny thing about detritus's earworm thread is that you sing so many songs but then you can't remember them except for your favourites...its like the songs stay in your mind for years and then perhaps when you least expect it you start singing some songs that meant something to you once perhaps years ago...strange how the mind works perhaps. the way these songs come back and you sing along..</P> <P>brown sugar...by the rolling stones... about the evil drug heroin....</P> <P>something by the sex pistols...johnny rotten grew up on six acres or andover estate locally...</P> <P>you cant always get what you want - the rolling stones...</P> <P>paper back writer by the beatles...</P> <P>the bbc one show theme tune...  </P> <P>funny how songs just pop into your head as you are walking down the street and you start remembering from the past... </P>
  • edited February 2012
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">'The Bottle' Gill Scot Heron is a brilliant tune. </font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I've had Robert Palmer's version of <a href="">'I Didn't Mean To Turn Me On'</a> in my head for last few days. </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Though I do like the original - </font><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; "><a href="">'I Didn't Mean To Turn Me On'</a></span></div>
  • edited February 2012
    <div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; font-size: 10pt; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">The WIlliam Orbit remix of Barber's Adagio for Strings</font></div> <object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value=""><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></object>
  • To my shame, this has been in my head for about a week<div><br></div><div><br></div> <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  • <P>@andy, shame is the appropriate feeling...</P> <P>I'm musicless today, but had 'Glory Days' by The Boss yesterday while making my first coffee.</P>
  • <p>'La, la, lala, there's nothing like Australia...' from the tlevision advertisement. Especially annoying as I have no desire to visit the colony.</p>
  • <P>I've just got Eddy Grant's 'Gimme Hope, Jo'anna' - probably because I've just finished writing a lengthy whinging e-mail to Haringey Lib Dems about the Jamaica Village aggravation! </P> <P>@miss annie, loving your use of 'colony' (and hiding behind the sofa to avoid flying boomerangs from irritated Aussies...)</P>
  • edited February 2012
    <a href="">Birdhouse in Your Soul/TMBG</a> - reminds me of getting my tonsils out as a kid - lad in the bed opposite had this on the first CD Walkman I ever saw.<br><br>Not that I've seen many since, mind you.<br>
  • edited February 2012
    This is probably due to the thread called Take Me To The Nail Bar but I've got the Talking Heads version of <a href="">'Take Me To The River</a>' going round and round my head. <div><br></div><div>Need to watch Stop Making Sense again too, so good! </div>
  • @RedSturgeon. Scary. How do I stay off the grid?
  • For me it is always the theme tune to Peppa Pig. Always. <br>
  • CHUUUUUUUUUGGINGTON! CHUGGA-CHUGGA-CHUGGA-CHUGGA-CHUGGINGTON.
  • Chinese Democracy by Guns n Roses.<br>
  • Ilkley moor bar tat, alas.
  • I'm a Believer (RIP Davy), interspersed with Meet Me at St Louis.
  • edited March 2012
    today is Terry Callier's <a href="">'Ordinary Joe'</a> going round my head & I like it :))
  • Oh - I like that too, and I didn't know it yet. This thread is really growing on me!<div><br></div><div>As for me, I have recently been haunted by The Universal by Blur. It's strange because I never really liked Blur or britpop, and slightly painful because of that Alex James guy playing his bass inside my skull.</div>
  • <P>Nights Over Egypt by the Jones Girls.</P> <P>Tune...</P> <P>stick it on from you tube</P> <P>thanks andy - i enjoyed listening to that.</P> <P>hip hop - something by public enemy... "fight the power" </P> <P>last night a dj saved my life... </P> <P>herbie hancock - watermellon man</P> <P>weather report -  the album with the lightening on the front cover</P> <P>songs in the key of life albumn... "As" and a song called "summer soft" </P> <P>ella fitzgerald's "manhatten"</P> <P>gershwins rapsody in blue</P> <P>mozart and beathoven piano sonatas</P> <P>orbital - house tunes...best orbital track?</P> <P> </P> <P> </P> <P> </P> <P>  </P>
  • <P>orbital 808 state</P> <P>house tune</P> <P>put that on from youtube a classic house tune...</P> <P>i'm surprised that people aren't putting on rave tunes from the 1980's...there must be some cheesy quavers on here..rave was that generations defining moment muscially just at the hippies music was in the 1960's...</P> <P>young mc - know how (hip hop)  n again hip hop the frenchman mc solar...</P> <P>drum n base... Goldie </P> <P>busta ryhmes - with the michael knight theme tune ...</P>
  • <P>inspector morse was an opera fan...but noone on sg.org is ? </P> <P>what about jazz music from prohibition usa era - like the soundtrack to boardwalk empire..out now on dvd...</P> <P>or as on bbc tv now the dennis potter drama called "the singing detective" featureing world war 2 songs...it was a few years ago i watched the singing detective but soundtrack was good british music ...cant remeber more than that...</P> <P>songtrack to ski sunday...</P> <P>seinfeld theme tune</P> <P>curb your enthusiam theme tune....</P> <P>scooby doo theme tune...</P> <P>this thread is making you remember things that you had thought you had forgotten...i like it...</P> <P> </P>
  • Which Mozart and Beethoven piano sonatas do you like, ChrisN4?
  • <P>checkski - you have caught me out - in answer to your question - i dont know - i flick on radio3 and listen to the  music... i am mildly annoyed that i cant name what you are asking, to what i have listened to on radio3...thats good... </P> <P>perhaps you or others  can name some of your favourites ?  </P>
  • <P>Beethoven: the Pathethique in C minor is one that everyone should know.</P> <P>Mozart: lots of people will have played the C major, as children: C-EGB-CDC, F-EGED(trill)C, etc.</P>