top celeb spot

Comments

• edited 12:18AM
    Scott Maslen (Eastenders, Strictly come Dancing), M&S Simply Food, Muswell Hill. Every time I've been in there I've seen someone from Eastender - Michelle Collins, Tod Carty...
    so the upshot of all this is that basically no one famous lives in Stroud Green
    @mpc I think this thread morphed into a general 'I've seen someone vaguely famous' somewhere in London discussion some time back...
    Simon Pegg (where it started) is pretty local but not for long. He's off to Potters Bar so no more sightings in the Noble to get everyone all excited.
    doesn't mr pegg realise what he's doing to business at the noble?
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited November 2010
    Mr P still in area, was out walking his dog on MVR tonight.
    The Noble's safe for a bit longer then.
    He twittered that walk last night.
    maybe we should forward this thread to him then, just to complete the circle?
    I sat next to Clare Grogan on the Victoria line from FP Thursday a week ago. She looked very, very anxious.

The next night we were sat at the table next to 'Vicky' from Eastenders in Petek.
  • AliAli
    edited 12:18AM
    She used own a two bedroom flat in the upper part of Mount Pleasant Villas in her post Altered Images days
    Liz Taylor on Charring Cross Road in a wheelchair last night.
    If we can go as far as CXR then I can mention Daniel Craig in John Lewis, Oxford Street last week, buying halibut steaks and wearing an unflattering grey ribbed beanie. But Liz Taylor is proper A list - well done.
    David Morrissey on Crouch Hill today.
    Dr Legg / Leonard Fenton was in the Mind cafe last Friday. Haven't seen him for a while so good to spot him there.
    Used to see Dr Legg all the time up near Mount Pl Crescent - but it's been a few years so I'm well chuffed to see he's still going (warms the cockles)
    Did anyone see Len Fenton as a young German soldier in the Colditz series ont' tele ? Not bad for a Jew from the Urals!
    Misscara - was Tamsin having a bulimic vomit, do you reckon?

I saw Buster Bloodvessle on Beak Street recently too.
    Misscara is currently in Slovakia. She did tell me that me that Tamsin's vomit session was definitely alcohol induced...
    I saw Dr Legg at the Community Cafe too. Thought he was looking very well; hasn't seemed to age a bit since 'stenders.
  • edited December 2010
    Brian Bovell aka Leo Valentine from Hollyoaks is sitting next to us! Woop wooop Top celebrity spot! The Old Dairy.
    siobhan fahey from bananarama/shakespeares sister was on the Victoria line train at Finsbury Park when I got on it a couple of weeks ago - clearly going to a 1920's fancy dress party. She was dressed in an immaculate pinstripe trouser suit and a Vivienne Westwood fur coat with a man who I presumed was her partner dressed as a pimp.
    She looks incredible for her age.
    I think that's just her look, tbh. Certainly she had that sort of style when she was part of the electroclash scene a few years back.
    Ian Hart walking past Sainsbury's yesterday early afternoon
    I brought my folks down to London for a few days post-Christmas. On the 27th we stopped off at Highgate on the way down to take in The Flask and have a wonder about. My old man was looking for somewhere to park, and pulled in front of an occupied black Range Rover on Southwood Lane. As we all piled out of the car and were donning coats he tapped on the window of the Range Rover and asked whether it was OK to park there. The fellah said he’d no idea, but that if he saw an inspector he would ‘scare them off’. My father looked slightly bemused at this, but thanked him and returned to us, completely oblivious to the fact that the driver was Daniel Craig (he was reading the Guardian). My mother – proud owner of a Daniel Craig calendar – was completely unable to do anything but whoop in a distressing manner for the next hour. Given that last time I brought them to London we saw Sly Stallone in Burlington Arcade, I fear that future visits may be a disappointment.
    I think London does exert itself to impress new and occasional visitors like that - I've had a few similar experiences (Ricky Gervais in the Ivy was the most recent). With that and Burlington Arcade, it probably helps that it's often when one has guests that they want to go to places right in the heart of town, which the native and naturalised would usually avoid.
    Queen here. Last summer, my brother and his wife, with not too much of an idea where they were, walked into some kind of ceremony on the Mall, and a minute into it the Queen turned up too. They were quite close but didn't get to exchange phone numbers or anything. As for me, I haven't seen any members of her family, or indeed anyone of any interest (except Super Hans once at the King's Head), in all the years I've been living in this city.