top celeb spot

Comments

• edited 4:54PM
    ...complete with miserable look on his miserable face.

Signed,

Mrs Poxy
    Spaced is on re-run one some random noddy channel on Virgin. I still find myself laughing even when I know what's coming. Like Jervais, nothing he's done since has touched it. Not that such a comment should be taken as a negative, it's just Spaced was so good.
  • AmyAmy
    edited 4:54PM
    I saw James Blunt getting on his moterbike outside the yellow food hut thing next to the car wash at the bottom of Stroud Green Road. I wish it had been Simon Pegg.
  • edited October 2009
    Spaced apparently being cut to shreds on Dave.

I am currently using it (DVD box set) as a tool for judging a potential girlfriend. "Does she laugh at 'It made me want to drown things!'"? We've yet to get to Robot Wars (co-starring the Bluetones!), and Reece Shearsmith's "aah, ah hadnt fot of dat". That'll be the clincher.

Can anyone suggest any other tv shows I can measure potential life-partners against?

No spots from me this week, haven't been out much.
    All of Spaced is on 4OD I think. James Blunt? Did you not knock him off his bike?
    @ graeme Trevor and Simon? Summer Heights High (esp Tsunanarama)
    Navin Chowdhry from Teachers is a member of my running club.

TV show partner benchmarks?.... the best one has to be Partridge.
    If she doesn't mind if the boys are back in the barracks or not, put a ring on her finger!
    I think Spaced, SotD and Hot Fuzz describes a pretty consistently awesome hot streak.

And the appearances in Star Trek + Mission Impossible were solid, even though they weren't 'his' projects in the same way. But he probably bought his Mum a bungalow with the money.

So I can't really see how he's stepped down from a pretty high level?
    I did enjoy star trek.
    Run Fat Boy Run?
    A rare misstep. You swap Edgar Wright for David Schwimmer, then you get what you pay for.
  • edited October 2009
    I didn't like Hot Fuzz. It was ok in places but I barely made it to the end. Spaced and SotD is kind of it for me. It's been reasonably shit and on a slide since. I suppose you could take that comment as negative.
  • I loved the new Star Trek film. I thought it was really, really clever how they used the time travel device to remain consistent with every single one of its predecessors by being a big load of instantly forgettable shite.
    Have to agree, thought Hot Fuzz was pretty weak, except for Timothy Dalton who was great. Jim Broadbent was always going to be the baddy. Like when you watch Columbo and Patrick McGoohan's in it - big star = murdurur.

Run Fatboy Run was a pretty dull plot, never mind direction. But still, can't fault them for getting through the tat to try and find some good stuff.
  • I liked the homoerotic subtext of Hot Fuzz and I thought that the camera work and editing were fantastic.

The violence that Fat Boy did to London's geography rubbed me up the wrong way.
  • edited October 2009
    What about his Toby Young ditty? I never saw it so can't slate/praise it. I was just so put off in general I never got that far.
  • It's not as good as the book. And the book is a bad bastard.
    Films getting London geography wrong pisses me right off too. 28 Weeks Later was a particularly heinous offender, especially when the Noble turns out to be just over a footbridge from the Isle of Dogs.
  • LizLiz
    Peter Capaldi having sushi last night in Crouch End. Genuinely excited.
    Peter Capaldi likes his nuts crushed.
    Mark Smith on the footbridge between Oxford Road and Finsbury Park
    Who's mark smith?
    mark smith probably says the same thing about you graeme
    mark e smith or another mark smith?
    <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Smith" target="zlist">Place your bets!</a>
    Strangely enough, on the very same footbridge, my children came across the woman who plays Guinevere in Merlin - I never watch it, but they were thrilled.
  • Anne-Marie Duff on the platform with me this morning at FP off into town on the tube... wearing a poppy. (is this a 'dull been there seen that kind of spot' now?)
  • AliAli
    Not SG really but Twiggy in Lambs Conduit Street filming a M&S add while cycling home at the back of 5pm last night
    Not remotely SG but I saw Phill Jupitus in HMV last week. He's even bigger than you expect.
  • edited November 2009
    well if we are getting non SG, I saw peter serafinowicz and Matt Berry within seconds of each other near baker street tube about 2 weeks ago.

I see shit famous people quite often, but not worth metioning.. you know the type though... Skinny jeans, dandy hair, unisex eye makeup.

But i do stop in my tracks a little when its someone who is actually funny, or good at what they do, or talented, or attractive, or those who were good once but are now really shit and tainted (simon peg) ...

So yeah, erm... I like Peter Serafinowicz.... sheam I didn't see his wife though....