top celeb spot

Comments

• edited 6:48AM
    Like a dog. Probably.
    I saw Marcus Brigstocke, but at Caledonian Road tube, so that barely counts.
    she didn't talk. just looked from behind ENORMOUS sunglasses. Not playing the dog owner-banter game at all.
    billy mitchell - ally pally pitch and putt, i win this thread.
    Mick Jagger - Haringey Arms, had two halves of bitter then went to Thai restaurant on Crouch End Hill, paid cash.

Bernard Hill, Lord of the Rings, Boys from the Blackstuff etc. in Park Tavern and the Noble [ proper actor never mind Simon Pegg ]

@missisclack don't think you can blame the accent change on Scarlett Johnson AKA Vicki Fowler - the dimwit producers should have it thought it through a bit more - she was v.good in Adulthood and apparently is from SG. She did not become Wonderwoman that the was the one from EE who acted with her hair - or perhaps through her hair - Michelle something or other?

Jazzy B [Soul to Soul] is also from SG, and Dennis Bovell and Bob Hoskins went SG primary.

SG and Crouch End are pretty much known as media central for actors. writers living here - and has been since around 1978 as far as I recall. Something to do with the fact that there was a drama school, Mountview, on Crouch Hill and an Art school, Hornsey, on Crouch End Hill and various recording studios inc. the mighty Konk of course

The Jai Krishna on SGR still has a signed photo of Dr. Legg behind till!
    Goodness twinspark, were they all today?
  • edited August 2009
    I reckon the Mick Jagger one was circa 1975. Did they have Thai food then?

We have definitely moved nearer Dr Legg - I see him all the time now.
    Was Thailand not Siam then?
  • AliAli
    edited 6:48AM
    Samantha Fox used to live in Mount Pleasant Villas. I used to see her quite a bit in the Newsagents on the Corner of Crouch Hill and Trinder Road. It was in the morning on the way to work when I was picking up a newspaper, she buying sweets etc. on her way to school
    none of these beat billy mitchell
    Jazzy B's dad owns/owned a house on St. Thomas's Road/corner of Monsell, and used to let it out. I wonder if that's were Jazzy lived?

Guy from The Wire is letting out his house on Japan Crescent. I don't have a tV so have no idea who he is.

Yeah, Billy Mitchell ftw. I haven't seen anyone in ages, it's gone right down hill.
    matt from busted and grant from feeder on one highly exciting day last month in crouch end. both identified by my boyfriend.
    grant's child broke a necklace in a cafe and they then scarpered leaving the beads all over the floor like some kind of loony tunes waitress trap.
    Did Mick Jagger pay cash because Maestro cards hadn't yet been invented?
    I'm sure I saw Elizabeth Carling on the W7 going to Finsbury Park yesterday morning.
  • I walked past [Douglas Alexander MP](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Alexander) on Stapleton Hall Road at around ten to nine this morning.
  • AliAli
    Lives on Florence Road
    I met Roy Walker a couple of years ago in Crouch End. He even said "just say what you see" for me.
    @ Katie Jane & Tosscat - actually Jagger went to Satay Malaysia, not Thai sorry! It was definitely last century but 90's and he didn't pay cash the other guy did after Jagger was embarassed because they didn't take plastic. Also they were in a party of 4 in the Haringey Arms but this had become approx 15 by the time they sat down to eat - funny that?!.
    I saw Gollum @ Finsbury Park a couple of days ago.
  • LizLiz
    And I saw him in CE on Sunday.
  • IanIan
    An estate agent tipped me off a little while back that he was looking in N4.
    I saw Harriet Walter at Finsbury Park tube last night. I like her, but she was doing that annoying thing of chatting to a friend as they stood on each side of the rail in the tunnel down to the platforms. people were trying to get past. Tsk.
  • edited October 2009
    Warning: I love good pop music. Fact 1: Nerina Pallot and her husband Andy Chatterly have a studio on Hornsey Road. Fact 2: they've written Kylie's forthcoming single. Could Kylie have recorded the vocals there? [() Bit of a stretch, but I love the song!
    Former Suede guitarist Bernard Butler jogged past our video shoot on the Parkland Walk twice on Saturday.
    Ok, I'll bite.

<i>Your</i> video shoot? Will Bernard Butler (who I refuse to believe is a jogger) be logging in here sometime soon to tell us who <i>he</i> saw shooting a video on the Parkland walk on Saturday?
    I saw Zane Lowe (of MTV/Radio1) pushing a pushchair by Tufnell Park. Almost not local enough but I think I did a comedy double-take, so worth mentioning.
    Some friends of mine are in a band called Brontosaurus Chorus, I was just lending a hand, by which I mean killing them all with my umbrella once they get turned into zombies.
    Nadine Lewington (Maddy from Holby), working in the Old Dairy last week.
  • Pegg's back from the city of Angels.
    He was spotted this afternoon on the corner of MPC and Japan Crescent with dog AND the en-slung junior Pegg.