The New Old Dairy

Comments

• edited 1:19AM
    Based on this drumming I think the cool one is wearing the hat.
    [Bernard Perdie]() could have played Fools Gold live for them, without a hat, and still made it look like he was casually rustling up some eggs.
    Come forward matt and get a monthly quiz going at the old dairy! Mario kart round, stone roses round - find every answer ridiculous
  • edited March 2009
    I would have got Fool's Gold "who produced the first stone roses album" John Leckie(sp?) he's remastering the album for the 20th anniversary this year. "where in 1990 did they perform their biggest gig" mann island(sp?) I'd actually quite enjoy doing a quiz. Not sure i would have the momentum to do it once a week, but happy to go on a weekly rota, doing it once a month. each quiz master could have their own spin on things? also, i organised a quiz for my birthday last december. had to have it at the N19 pub just off Hornsey Road as the Noble wanted... £1200 min spend on the bar for a Tuesday night! Of course i said no and I bet they were empty that night. i think they must have been on drugs coming up with that figure. ps: there were no mario kart questions in my quiz! but it did cross my mind.
    Spike Island, surely?
    spike island was the answer I (+they) were looking for.
    £1200 for a Tuesday night? They're having a larf!
    that really is a massive piss take.

i think that pub is cursed, doesn't matter how many name changes and rebrands it gets, i always get "stoicly going down with the ship" vibes from the staff. it's in a tough spot competing with the dairy and larrik.
    Not being a quiz fan I'm quite happy they priced themselves out the quiz market.
    i'm well up for a pub quiz.

could it be a factory records round instead of the stone roses? there could be fun questions like "which northern town do section 25 call home?" or "what film did ian curtis watch on tv the night he killed himself?"

and i'd do well in a "doom" or "quake" round but not a "mario kart" one...
    factory records round is ok with me... my first bar job was in 1989 at dry201 in manchester (owned by new order) and i used to have a factory records pass that used to get me in everywhere for free! glorious days
    jealous, moi?
    Off the quiz subject I know but the mussels were very good in there last night (as were the staff).
  • edited March 2009
    I used to work at the same place as Barney Sumner and John Squire but I'd be shit at a quiz because I can't tell you a thing about their bloody music. I know what John's girlfriend (wife) is called cos she used to do first aid and bandaged my finger when I stupidly cut the end off with a scalpel.

Ah, them were the days. :(
    I don't know what all the fuss is about. I bought a new Diary just before January to make sure I was well prepared for 2009. I know some people prefer those mid year Diaries which overlap the year or have specific term time dates or date ranges other than the usual Jan - Dec but I find just getting a new Diary as opposed to the Old Diary works fine for me.

I'm also lost as to why anyone would bother with the Old Diary? Why not start afresh and get one for the current year?
    Is that really a big long joke based entirely on the similarity of two words?
    David, I think poor Predicaments has made a genuine mistake, bless him.
    see thread on mcdonalds. as ever, it seems poor bridget is cleaning up after the event.
    Has anyone seen the graffiti on the pub? I think it was put there over night. I actually don't mind good graffiti but this is a giant orange word. they must have had to climb on the roof to do it.
    "a giant orange word"... TANGERINE? CLEMENTINE? SATSUMA?
    boom boom :)
    <i>I actually don't mind good graffiti but this is a giant orange word. they must have had to climb on the roof to do it.</i>

How else do you think it could have been done? Is this <a href="http://www.autismcoach.com/Mr_Tickle.jpg" target="qwerty">guy</a> responsible?

Walking up and down SGR just now I heard several comments about the graffiti, non positive. It's a fucking eyesore.

If someone was to break the fingers of "Heinz" so he couldn't climb on roofs or spray paint I for one wouldn't complain.
    I'd be up for a quiz.
    I had my 40th birthday in there on Sunday afternoon, trying to compete with Chelsea - Man City, England - France and Tottenham - Villa on the tv's, as well as having around 20 toddlers running around the place but it all worked really well. The service was excellent, and the food laid on was fantastic value for money. Thanks Damon and Lizzie for a great day.
    can't believe the graffiti... its shit and its plastered all over where i bloody live!!!!!!!!! if anyone knows who this heinz idiot is i know some boys in blue who would like a word with him. also, does anyone know how to get it off?????
    hey busman,

so pleased you had a good time here on sunday... it felt as hectic as it looked then?!!
    It is indeed a massive graffiti. Reassured to see I am not the only one who noticed it- was beginning to think it might have been here the whole time. I think the council needs to get it off, but first someone has to report it to them. I do wonder how they got up there in the first place!
    The Islington Graffiti Action Van was out this morning on SGR, so hopefully it will start to disappear.
    a massive graffito, surely?
    is the easter live music an in-house job or is the dairy (or a part thereof) rentable by 3rd party promoters now?