VENEZIA,LAPORCHETA,FIREZZA,LUPA,PAPGONE, WHICH ONE PROVIDE A GOOD PIZZA IN THE AREA

Comments

• edited 5:08PM
    The Porchetta v Pappagone debate is endlessly recursive. It's like the Stroud Green version of Protestant v Catholic or Sunni v Shia.

In the end, we all like Pizza.
    But protestant prayers don't go through!
    So by this logic, Venezia is the Orthodox or Ismailis? Or should they be fundamentalist types ON ACCOUNT OF THE SHOUTING?
    Medi is David Koresh
    Ace. I'm on a concept album about David Koresh. Should be out this Autumn, I believe.
  • edited July 2010
    ADGS, was that 'some fucking footballism or other on early Saturday afternoon', the World Cup? If so, that's the best football hating dismissal of it I've heard so far. I like to think of Medi as like an early Christian preacher, manfully fighting a noble battle in the face of serious adversity while often risking being chucked in with the lions.
    on ADGS's behalf, I'm pretty certain I can confirm that's what he was writing about.
    Yes, I'm assuming that for commercial reasons there is no other footballism being televised while the high holiday of the whole vile cult is underway, so I presume it to have been a World Cup game.
    Takeaway or delivery; my family is currently voting Firezza.
  • AliAli
    edited 5:08PM
    Noticed a licence appilicatoin in the widow to allow offsales of alchohol with food take away and delivery so it looks like Porchetta is going to be doing home deliveries
    I walked into firezza for a collection order, but they wouldn't let me order any of the delivery specials, which were significantly cheaper than the ordinary menu. I asked if they would give me a delivery deal if I stood at the counter and phoned them whilst standing at the counter. They said they would. Then I suggested that instead of calling on the phone, they could just take my order and i could take my pizza home. They agreed, but insisted that the pizza had to be delivered on the bike, rather than letting me wait for it. The bike and I arrived at my place at the same time. It was odd.
    If you'd taken a helmet you could have talked them into giving you a free lift home. How was the pizza?
    It's "bureaucracy gone mad"!
    We pick up but pre-order online so I can use Paypal....
    I posted early on the thread about the quality of Firezza. I totally take it back now. I had a similar experience to Andy and the place is only 50 yards from my flat. The staff seem completely different to the team that opened it and the visa-dodger delivery guys insist on delivering my pizza 10 doors up, which is actually further away fro me than my flat from the restaurant. But the quality has really gone down hill. Its the same pattern as happened with Lupa. When they opened they were amazing, then as they built their customer base, the standards quickly slipped. The chicken they serve is absolutely rank, and I'm baffled by how bad they can get their potato wedges to taste. Bring back the greasy spoon!
    Chicken on a pizza is just wrong.
    Pineapple is worse!
    Sorry it was their attempt at spicy chicken wings. Not on the pizza - don't be ridiculous! I was being greedy that night so had the lot. & only spicy peperoni for me. I nearly suggested they'd run over the road to get some microwave chicken from Londis, but I believe it might have tasted better if they had.
    Pineapple is wrong in any context. Spicy pepperoni is 'da bomb'. Chicken wings too. Apologies for casting aspersions on you cullinary tastes.
    has anyone had a basilico yet?
    Is it open yet?
    VENEZIA for tea
  • edited September 2012
    Venezia have now taken to SMS spam on unsuspecting locals.  Never used them, never ordered from them, never given them my mobile number, but they're happy to text me their special offers.  <br><br>Venezia, if you're on the board, can you let me know where you bought the numbers from so I can tell them not to sell my personal data?  Was it just-eat.co.uk or Lupa in Crouch End maybe?  Can't think of any other local places that might have my number.<br><br>Thanks<br>
  • Lupa wouldn't have sold them to another chain, I'd don't think. Also, I'm registered with them and haven't had anything.
  • RoyRoy
    edited September 2012
    On a peripherally related issue, any recommendations for pizza delivery?  I used to use Rocket but I'm not sure what's happened to them - last time I tried to call them on their old number I couldn't get through.<br><br>roy<br><br>
  • Rocket has been shut since around the new year.
  • I tell a lie, I got a Venezia spam text the same evening. Could be Lupa. Not sure who else has my number.
  • <P>Had a La Porcheta sit in Gorgonzola Pizza last night.  First  time in ages and it was a really good Pizza !</P>
  • Had a Venezia pizza last week. It is GOOD PIZZA IN THE AREA. No spam texts though, thankfully. Wonder what the new pizza place will be like on Tollington Park. Seems to be taking an age to open. 
  • I too am really, really pissed off about the spam text.  I have never, ever ordered a pizza from Venezia and NOW I NEVER WILL!  Got that, Venezia?<br><br>I too would also like to know where they got my mobile number from.  I have a policy of never putting my number on the web and I hand it out sparingly.  So what local Stroud Green website have they hacked?   Who is infringing the data protection act?   Is what they have done illegal?<br><br>I'll be handing in an 'official complaint' to Venezia shortly and asking for an explanation. I thought I might refer them to the office of data protection (or whatever they are called).   A sledgehammer to crack a nut, maybem, but I am really pissed off enough.  Anyone care to come on board?<br><br>Venezia = bad news.   Pass it on.<br>