What has happened to SG.org?

Comments

• detritus - you are a bit thick u cant help that
  • Andy - now that we have flushed chrisN4 out, can't we just ban him, put an end to this nonsense, and move on? Get back to normal.  You have the God-like immortal powers - use them!
  • <p>Wow if only you knew.</p><p>Me a stuck up posh wanker who slags off the working class, that is one of the funniest things to come out of your mouth as you would understand if you had ever met me.</p>
  • ChrisN4 - take a break. Have a beer. Come back tomorrow. You'll feel better for it.<br>
  • <P>brodiej - time to call it a day - i agree with that - ive asked for andy and dave to ban me but the havent....and i am serious about that as well...fair enough...i dont agree that tollington tom was a bad poster though...he had some clever and amusing comments to make ...frankly i thought it was a disgrace when people had a go at him to try and get rid of him...dorcus and his comments about the local area were very witty - even his relative chang sometimes pipes up and makes a few comments that add to the gayety of the nation...if that isnt the wrong phrase to use...</P> <P>egg heads - calm down love - its only a thread on an internet forum discussing ideas -  </P> <P>love it...</P>
  • <P>gardener joe - pay attention at the back - the night is young</P> <P>krappyrubsniff -  i agree with your request for a ban...youve flushed yourself out as someone who wants to ban others...sorry to offend you but i was only responding to you in kind to your comments...if you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen...  no real offense to you sir however as i know you are a gentleman in real life..so apologies</P> <P>chode - thanks im already brahms and list having necked 6 pints of wife beater in the battle cruiser - why else do you think that i am spewing out all this crap....thats one of the reasons i am asking andy and david to ban from sg.org... i get hammered on ales and fine wines then spew out a load of old guff on a local internet forum...i even call myself a disgrace...but not much... </P> <P>carryy on</P>
  • ChrisN4 - you sound like you've either had a few beers already, or you're suffering a bit of an emotional trauma, or mental episode. I hope you're not, but it's not doing you any good getting yourself wound up and feeling negative. Why ask to be banned?, you can just leave if you don't like the clientele so to speak. But I think you need it as an outlet, I think you need the interaction with people.Watch some TV, have a kip and try a different approach next time, and people might engage in decent conversation with you. Now take a deep breath...<br>
  • <p>Chris I can only go by how you have presented yourself online.  Maybe you are adopting a provocative persona and just playing, in which case I don't like the way you play because you are absolutley right I don't agree with your views and it has been clear for quite some time that we cannot have a discussion as you become abusive.  If, on the other hand, you are being authentic, then I can only assume you are unwell, because the intensity of your anger and hatred and your obsessive need to post are increasing.  Either way I have no desire to antagonise you because I find the way you respond quite frightening.  However I am concerned because the site is becoming dominated by your posts and most of these are abusive. People have tried to engage with you but you have been very antagonistic and I find that sad.  I am concerned about you but I imagine either you are playing in which case you won't care, or you are not well, in which case you will respond to me with abuse.</p>
  • ChrisN4 - ok that explains it. Stay off the wifebeater though, it's called that for a reason.  Stella is terrible shit to drink. Don't mix your ale with wine either! not a good mix.<br>
  • <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><FONT face=Calibri size=3>I liked TT, quite a lot of other people did too. A break from the mundane with something different to say, and in a different way. I don’t think he liked me very much, but thats ok. </FONT></P> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><FONT face=Calibri size=3>I just objected to them being outed because they were different. They had as much right to write something<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>as anyone. Kreukavs comments often created some interesting feedback, certainly in your case, but i respected his point of view and decided that i was being unfair/mean. I hope he came to realise that eventually. Like you say, its just a forum, and every view different to my own adds a bit more to my understanding of other people.</FONT></P> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><FONT face=Calibri size=3>You could get banned, but you’d like that. Another alias banned on sg.org for having strong views that supposedly were at odds to the clique reinforcing your views on some of the area. Why not make your points better, continue to be funny (because you are funny) and make some friends (could be a lost cause after tonight though)</FONT></P> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><FONT face=Calibri size=3>I like that you speak up for your community. Its important, and adds something to the forum. Just consider revising how you do it.</FONT></P> <P> </P>
  • edited March 2012
  • <P>chode - i am hoping that i am going to be banned like i was last time when i was posting under the name sgsteve...</P> <P>"ooooh you cant say that"...</P> <P>but thats narrow minded suburban curtain twitching mrs mopp england .... it would be silly to think it would be anything else...</P> <P>the amount of bossy control freak curtain twitching mrs mopp women on this forum is well...not surprising...sg is a suburb of london</P> <P>ever read "the diary of a nobody"</P> <P>thats you that is..</P> <P>the satirical novel was set in holloway...holloway road area ... a hundred years ago...</P> <P>not much has changed...</P> <P>glad you all want to keep it that way... and push anyone out that isnt a mrs mopp curtain twitcher...</P> <P>carry on   </P>
  • edited March 2012
    You are well pissed aren't you? LOL!<br>
  • <P>11.55pm warning. All closing comments must be received in the next 5 mins.</P>
  • "Hitler plans to troll forums"<br><br>
  • <P>siloe - no need to be frightened son - if you notice i only respond in kind generally ie if people insult me then i insult them back...my comments in the past are a combination of serious and provocative ...as anyone who is paying attention will have noticed...</P> <P>chode - well spotted - yes i have had a few ales and fine wines...withnail...hopefully i wont be back in future ihope...</P> <P>brodiej - i think what you write is interesting making some points...but i would genuinely like to be banned to stop myself writing comments because i think i am addicted to writing comments after drinking say 6 pints of stella like tonight..then i criticise krappyrubsniff who is a gentleman and is entitled t his opinion. a bad thing..that is not good...</P> <P>goodnight...  </P>
  • chrisN4 - it's not what you say, it's how you say it.   This forum is not about you, it's about Stroud Green.  Get better soon.<br>
  • HA HA nice one Gardener-Joe, that was funny!<br>
  • <P>bit patronising krappyrubsnif - but better not reply with an insult - </P> <P>gardener joe - godwins law</P> <P>at the end of the debate someone says "you are a nazi"</P> <P>that is the end of the debate so they say</P> <P>they think its all over </P> <P>it is now</P> <P>goodnight</P> <P> </P>
  • <p>What has happened with SG.org?  There are 25,000 people I think living in SG.  This site has been going for five years or so.  While it is a private site set up by two individuals and might I say, from what I've observed on here, two very tolerant and giving individuals, it is a forum for the residents of this great part of London.  It is not about ten or so people who got to know each other a few years ago, started hanging out in the Stapleton etc.  Well it shouldn't be.  It's called Stroudgreen.org and is not Stroudgreenelite.org.  It's not just for people with good jobs, with attractive partners who like fine ales and wines and go to nice restaurants.  I thought it was for the people of Stroud Green who are often working class, drink cans of beer, go to betting shops...Well the residents are a varied bunch.  It's what makes this area so great.</p><p>People's concerns here aren't just about whether to preserve a nice building, what new restaurant is opening.  It could be about crime, noise (from a late night bar),  the increased gentrification and sidelining of the working class people.  It's not just about a bunch of people who have done well for themselves in life and believe it's possible for everyone to do the same, when it isn't always possible.</p><p>The site can seem a bit like a small village community who have their elders, their ways of putting people down (usually in a very patronising way) when they disagree.  I think this should be realised and I think it has.  I've noticed less people going on about themselves lately i.e. what famous person they've snogged, how much charity work they do.</p><p>To the trolls, please stop.  It's easy to get into a loop and want the last say.  It's easy to make fun of people and argue that the sky is green when it's blue.  It is a coping mechanism often covering the hurt you feel inside and fueled by booze.    </p><p>I wouldn't blame Andy and David if they pulled the plug on this, but maybe let's make this an open forum for everyone.  Let's not gang up on newcomers.  Note to myself, let's not go on about things in an obsessive way even if you feel you're being backed against a wall.  Let's reflect the variety and tolerant nature of Stroud Green on this forum and maybe we can also build up other networks from this too.  But I think the elite gang-like mentality has to go first.  I feel it has generally gone.</p><p>On a positive note, doesn't Stroud Green look amazing in the sunshine.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p>
  • <div>My view would be to end anonymity. I genuinely don't see why anybody has to be anonymous on the internet, and especially not here - this isn't Syria, and we're not dissidents no matter what one thinks of Lynne Featherstone. As far as I can see - and not just on SG.org - all anonymity means is trolling and rudeness that would be unthinkable in real life. </div><div><br></div><div>So, even though it goes against internet freedom, if I were dictator: all members should register with their names and addresses. Username (prob only first name would be enough to change the atmosphere) and password gets sent out in the post, proving you are a local. If you repeatedly breach Andy's rules of the site ("be excellent to each other") you get a warning, and banned as a last resort, and unless they change their name by deed poll and move, they can't register again. And you have to pay a small sum by Paypal when you register to cover postage and maybe a contribution to the running of the site. Volunteers would do all the postage duties/admin. </div><div><br></div><div>It would be an experiment into what ending internet anonymity might achieve. In my idealised vision: more politeness, disagreements without descending into bullying, fewer irrelevant rants. It would be more sanitised but new members would feel welcomed. Mainly it would be a reminder that we are all real people who populate glorious Stroud Green, off- and online.</div><div><br></div><div>@andy, this site is brilliant on the whole. Thanks from me too. Don't close it!</div>
  • I would be happy to pay a nominal sum.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited March 2012
    @Detritus I would be happy to make a financial contribution too, but my worry is that a fixed fee would also discourage a lot of perfectly sane, non-troll users from participating.    The best jokes in life are free.   I think registration as suggested above, plus a voluntary contribution to help cover the costs, might be a way forward - there must be a lot of administration and some financial cost involved in keeping this going.  I'd be willing to make a contribution on that basis.    I wouldn't really want to change my name, though.<br>
  • <p>No sorry Misscara troll is just another name for a bully people bully on line because they are scared to do it in real life.</p>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • true my mistake sorry
  • edited March 2012
    @kreuzkav - I agree and well put<div>@brodiej -  Also agree</div><div>@emine, I think a fee could result in a loss of inclusiveness, the sense of community and the wealth of local knowledge that is so rich on the site currently. You could end up with a site that has so few registered users that ultimately it becomes pretty sterile.  Like a gene pool - if you restrict its size, there's a risk of in-breeding.  If there is a need to subsidise the site I would support this, but it could be set up as a small charity perhaps whose objects would be for public benefit/community and users could raise money to go to the charity to fund its operation. </div>
  • I think a registration fee would put people off. Ending anonymity could work, though people might not want their real names tied to their street of residence or other identifying information, here for anyone to see. You don't have to be a troll to want anonymity - you might have a stalker ex or a boss that feels entitled to monitor your internet activity.<div><br></div><div>I would however be very happy to help fundraise on behalf of SG.org. Could a sustained effort (it might have to be many events over time involving lots of different people and angles) make up for the loss of the Heritage Lottery funding? It would be great to get that social history project up and running. </div>