Any good knitting groups/courses

Comments

• edited 11:02PM
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Big wool... cool! Yes, I'm still following the thread. Got home from work a little late tonight, but I'll try to knit with you very soon...
    @andy unfortunately no, it was at the opposite end of the cool spectrum. it just involved thousands and thousands of flies. see you woolworkers next thursday!
  • edited March 2010
    Flies? At work? Are you an undertaker and experimented by embalming someone with honey?
    i'll go tomorrow if anyone's going. if everyone has something else on then maybe it would be nice to pick a specific thursday and make it a more official but less frequent thing. that way i'd be less inclined to think "i promise i'll go next week". i realised since i first posted on this thread that i'm officially shit at knitting but i'd like to come and watch other people do theirs if that's okay.
    you killed those flies, didn't you
  • edited March 2010
    many, many flies have died at my hands.
    I have special pub knitting now, it can withstand lapses of concentration and fingers greasy with fried whitebait/truffled honey.

I'll leave the model of myself as Neytiri to do at home. Could come later for a while or another planned time.
    i will pop in for a while, hopefully from no later than 7.45. see you there!
    Sorry I haven't been able to make the Thursday meet up. Is anyone meeting next Thursday 8th April? I really want to start a knitting project and I have a few patterns that I am interested in starting. I could do with some help please?!
    I was going to go tonight, but if no one else is I wont bother! boo hoo. Write back if anyone does want to come.
    Hi angela, I could do next thurs. I will bring my book which helps me decipher knitting patterns! I'm not much good without it.

Crochet is going good, it's easier to pick up than knitting.

Tx
    Tasmin, I'm really struggling with crochet! Be glad of some advice...Next Thursday at the Noble??
    Hi hopping,

I'd be happy to help if I can and it would be great to meet another sger in person. But I wouldnt put myself on the expert crochet category. I was updating angela since we met at the knitting and crochet class at the library. I've been doing it about 4 weeks and have picked it up quickly, so if you are less experienced than that I can defo help! I do know all the stitches and have made granny squares - very cool!

The group on Saturday morning is excellent, Sara is a crochet artist and a very good teacher IMO.

See you next thursday then?
    Thursday it is then! 7:30pm at the Noble?
    Hi angela, that sounds good to me. See you there.

Anyone else thinking of coming this week?

I haven't tried drinking and crochet yet! Knitting while drinking tends to be a disaster! So I might be on the softies.

Tx
    Sorry for not coming again. Thursdays are not really good for me. How was it? Will try for another week soon.
    Sorry you couldn't make it.We three sat knitting in the Noble! Very nice.

I'll be at the library class tomorrow if you're free.
    I was at my life coaching course today. Are you meeting this week? My goal is to get there this week.
    Hi Misscara, tried to get there, but there was a volcanic cloud in the way. See you next week, hopefully.
    I really want to join in and bring my craft stuff to do but as I have to use glue, I might wait until you move outside. Don't think the Noble would take to kindly to the smell of UHU wafting around the place. I'd love to pop in to see what you're all up to one week if that's ok?
    Thanks Misscara, see you in a couple of weeks.