The Stapleton Tavern

Comments

• How would people feel about jazz Sunday sessions? (recorded at first, live if people like)
  • Yes, definitely a lady. <br><br>I'm a big fan of jazz. I think live would be fab.<br>
  • @stapletontavern, I've just been looking at your website for info on your Sunday roast lunches, but there's nothing there - could you give me prices for carnivore & veg options? Thanks a lot!
  • Jazz Sunday sessions sounds great. Live preferably.<br>
  • @vetski - Apologies, we have been asking our chain to update the website for months, but the I.T bod is in the states until further notice.<div><br></div><div> We offer beef, chicken, pork and aim for 2 veggie options for our Sunday roasts. The roasts are all served with Yorkshire pudding, roast potatoes, 3 types of veg, gravy and all the sauces for £12 (Children's portions £6)</div><div><br></div><div> It is advisable to book for Sundays as we do tend to get rather busy around lunchtime, especially if there is sport on that day.</div>
  • @stapletontavern, thanks for that. Any sport on 29th April that you know about?
  • @vetski I am afraid that the programming schedule for the sky does not extend that far into the future. I've checked the football fixtures and there are no big games on that day, so it should be fine.<div><br></div><div> If you would like for us to reserve you a table please send your name/party number/time/contact number to thestapletontavern@gmail.com<div><br></div><div><br></div></div>
  • @StapletonTavern: any chance of getting your wifi situation sorted?  You have a bad O2 data signal which redoubles the need!<br>
  • edited March 2012
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">@Arkady Good Morning, so we have had 3 BT engineers round to move our broadband to a separate line and each time this happens, the line they have allocated for this is in use by someone else. We are reaching the point where we may have to switch our provider, but that is handled by head office. </font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I believe that we should have this sorted within the next few weeks, one way or another.</font></div>
  • @Arkady I have spoken to BT and they are telling us that the service will be updated next Tuesday, so here's hoping they get their act togeather
  • Good news guys! we now have WIFI throughout our wonderful abode! please search for "Wifi Zone - The Cloud" - follow some simple steps and Robert's your father's brother! Have heard that it is very fast too!
  • <p>I'm so excited about the Jubilee, especially the river parade. Only two months to go! I really, really want a go in that new barge. <a href="http://www.thediamondjubilee.org/">http://www.thediamondjubilee.org/</a></p><p> </p>;
  • Not been in the Stapleton for ages, possibly since the departure of that lovely founding management, and based on last night it seems to be backsliding a little. Some of the more dubious Larrick crowd appeared to have returned, the first table I sat at was horribly sticky (and I didn't see it getting cleaned at any stage later in the evening), and - my personal bugbear - the cider was off <i>without any glass or cloth on the pumps to indicate that it was off </i>- thus wasting staff and punter time, and increasing frustration, all to no end. Don't get me wrong, it's still a much better pub than most of the alternatives - but given just how much of a transformation it had undergone, seeing these blemishes creep in is a little disappointing.<br>
  • In here now. No signs of blemishes. Roast chicken was great, and a lemonade on the house out of kindness-only it would seem. Nice pint of something called ale fresco too. No pub can be expected to run to perfection on a Saturday night surely?
  • The sticky table I can overlook on a Saturday, sure. Even running out of the only cider on draft, well, it happens. But not signalling that any of the pints on draft is off is only going to slow down service on a busy night. Always, always, if any pint is off, put a glass or towel on that pump. It takes five seconds, makes the situation clear, and then saves time throughout the evening. <br>
  • @ADGS Thank you for your comments, we were having some problems with our cider tap that I am pleased to say are now resolved. I would have put a glass over the tap as per usual, but the tap head is far too wide for any glass to fit and I do not think that an old bar towel flung over the taps looks presentable. We were able to offer two types of Aspalls in bottles all night, which is another reason why the taps were not covered. I will speak to the staff re: cleaning tables, as this is not good enough, even for a busy weekend. 
  • Thanks for the reply! I admit I had not considered width of tap as an issue - presumably the brewery made the same mistake, hence the problem arising in the first place. While I disagree about the relative merits of bar towel versus no indication, I can certainly see your point. Perhaps you could get hold of a Stroud Green tea cosy or something for future occasions...<br>
  • edited April 2012
    @ADGS Maybe one of the knitting crew would be able to help us out here....?
  • A tap cosy with a sad face maybe? I'm sure something can be done.<br>
  • The missus and I had the BBQ chicken platter with potatoes thing that they're doing here at the mo. It is rather special. I can recommend. Still haven't taken the plunge with that weird orange flavoured beer tho, Blue Moon is it?
  • @oddstewart It really is worth a go, make sure it is served with a slice of orange to bring out the full flavour. It's quite nice for a few pints, but you don't want a night on the stuff, 'tis quite strong.<div><br></div><div>Glad our food is hitting the right notes :)</div>
  • @Idoru Fantastic! we have a knitting fiend on our staff, so I am sure she can help us out if the knitting ladies and gents are busy! 
  • I'd eat the bbq chicken and potatoes platter a lot more but I'd get fat.<br><br>It does hit the spot in a proper caveman way.<br>
  • Hello, Any news on the '50's/Jubilee party? Miss A
  • I was pleased to see the Blue Moon served with the proper slice of orange when I bought a pint last week.  Lots of places that do it in the UK don't seem to bother with the orange.
  • Makes it taste like washing up water.
  • edited April 2012
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">@missannie Hello There,</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Well all is going ahead, we are buying up vintage teacups/saucers/teapots and cake stands in a frenzy in anticipation.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "> We are going to be serving gin cocktails, served in a vintage teapot, cups and saucers, together with traditional sandwiches, cakes and scones. We will be some 50's themed courses appearing on our menu throughout the weekend (more on that to follow) and our wonderful boys and girls behind the bar will all be dressed in 1950's attire throughout the celebrations. There will be prizes for the best dressed customer too!</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">We need to get our heads together to discuss some activities/competitions to be held over the weekend, so <b><u>your inspiration would be appreciated stroudgreen.org</u></b> ;)</font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Sorry its taken a while to get back to you, I've been off selling lots of beer to you lovely people!</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Best,</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Sam</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div>
  • <p>Which day are you planning on doing it? I have billions of ideas!</p><p> </p>
  • we would like to run the deals and the theme for the whole weekend, maybe events on the Mon/Tues?
  • <P>Finding myself wondering about the WI hosting a tea party at the Stapleton on the Monday afternoon...thoughts, @stapletontavern, @missannie?</P>