Finsbury Park Station/City North Development

Comments

• Thanks for the help, guys. Trying to figure out who the workmen actually work for - but I suspect I'll be told that that's the only time they can work until the station entrance closes.<br>
  • I know I said I didn't really mind all that much walking around to an entrance that points in the wrong direction.  But actually I quite like my tunnel.  Can I keep it now, please?
  • Is anyone/dopes anyone know a solicitor who deals in conveyancing (as so is registered with the Land Registry) whom might be willing to look into property ownership of Finsbury Park Station? In particular, I'm trying to confirm that there is no right of way through the station, and which parts of it are owned by TfL/Network Rail and which bits are leased from private owners (e.g. the Wells Terrace entrance, I think).
  • Does the City North plans not include land ownership?
  • I don't *think* so, but maybe you have a sharper eye for these things than me.
  • @Arkady - any update on the development? Its gone very quiet.
  • It has, hasn't it. I've been too busy to stay on top of it. I will do some snooping.
  • Any further update on this? Seems like nothing has happened for months...
  • No word, but supposedly there may be some news on Friday.
  • Interesting. Keep us updated and thanks for getting back.
  • Long time lurker. First time poster<div><br></div><div>The latest on City North is that terms couldn't be agreed with their preferred contractor, so they have gone back to the tendering process.</div><div><br></div><div>Estimated completion is now 2019</div><div><br></div><div>Source: I bought off plan</div>
  • There was some activity last week - diggers/demoilition.  But it was only one mornig.<br><br>@callytoad ; I'm assuming with that name you are not a malaysian investor, as some on here believe are the only people to have been able to buy flats in City North. [tongue in cheek].  Thanks for update though.<br>
  • @callytoad that's interesting. Do they keep you regularly and well informed? What was the expected completion date when you bought?
  • @callytoad are you buying to live or buying to let?
  • edited July 2015
    @NorthNineteen Correct<div><br></div><div>@Arkady I receive occasional updates via email and post. From memory the original estimate was staged completion throughout 2017, with a long date of 2019.</div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal;">Miss Annie</span></font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 13.3333330154419px; line-height: normal;">I'm just being helpful and providing information on the development. I'd rather not discuss my personal situation.</span></font><br></div>
  • @callytoad we really appreciate the information, it's often hard to come by! Do let us know if you hear anything more.
  • Thanks Cally for sharing the information. <div><br></div><div>I am travelling around the USA at the moment. Just been in Seattle and now in LA. Gentrification is hot topics for both these areas. I am staying in the Arts district in LA and the rent prices are astonishing around here.</div>
  • Similarly in Toronto, where there is currently a property boom/bubble and 'luxury flats' are going up on every available plot of land.
  • I heard the same thing as callytoad shared above. Not sure whether the whole City North development will be completely cancelled.
  • I hope so. Enough damage has been done to this area.  It's full of upper-class twats this summer. 
  • I thought you liked the theatre kreuzkav? Can't think why else the UCTs would visit N4...<div><br></div><div>Highly doubt it will be cancelled though.</div>
  • <div><span style="font-family: helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; color: rgb(17, 17, 17); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Update on the contractor pulling out - does anyone know where we can find the tender document or is it a closed process?</span></div><span style="font-family: helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; color: rgb(17, 17, 17); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><div><span style="font-family: helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; color: rgb(17, 17, 17); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br></span></div>Robert Jenkins, Project Director for City North said: “Following discussions between the developers, City North Finsbury Park Ltd and preferred bidder, McLaren Construction; the two parties have been unable to agree all contract matters and have mutually agreed to part on the project.</span><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><span style="color: rgb(17, 17, 17); font-family: helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><font color="#111111" face="helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"><span style="font-size: 14px; line-height: normal;">http://www.constructionenquirer.com/2015/07/17/mclaren-walks-away-from-130m-london-job/</span></font><br></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><font color="#111111" face="helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"><span style="font-size: 14px; line-height: normal;"><br></span></font></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><font color="#111111" face="helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"><span style="font-size: 14px; line-height: normal;"><br></span></font></span></div>
  • Thanks Maximus. I suspect it's a closed process but let me know if the document does turn up.
  • <span style="font-weight: normal;">TfL's latest documentation indicates that the ticket gates will go live in November. More significantly, it says that before then </span><span style="font-weight: bold;">ticket gates will be installed in the Wells Terrace entrance. </span>It seems that TfL are not confident on the City North works starting soon.<div><br></div><div>Between 2015-18 lifts will be installed which will service all Network Rail and London underground platforms. this will involve closure of the northbound stairs for 6-9 months in early 2016, and similar for the southbound stairs in early 2017.</div>
  • So how will that work if they're not to close the station altogether?
  • edited January 2016