New Visitors Start Here

edited June 2007 in About this site
Hello. If you want to create an account to use the forums, [please click here](http://www.stroudgreen.org/people.php?PostBackAction=ApplyForm). Once you've filled in that form, we get sent an email and have to approve your membership by hand, like in olden times. This is to stop spammers. You'll get sent an email when your account is set up. When you get that, sign in and introduce yourself. Then buy [a t-shirt](http://www.stroudgreen.org/?Page=shop), look at the [directory](http://www.stroudgreen.org/extension.php?PostBackAction=GoogleMapDirectory), or search the old posts. You could even start the occasional discussion. Most of the new members have introduced themselves on [this thread](http://www.stroudgreen.org/comments.php?DiscussionID=156&page=1#Item_0), but it's getting a bit long now.

Comments

• LJLJ
    edited 2:26PM
    Hi. have only just joined this site despite living in SG since I was 18.
    Have lived in many places in the area my favourite being just above what was "Helen's" hairdressers (now called Blossom). It had a great unofficial roof terrace overlooking SGR.
    living next to the World's End was not so much fun. There are only so many renditions of "Mustang Sally" you can hear before it gets old.
  • edited 2:26PM
    hello. i didn't start here, i started on the chrysos thread but i'll say hello anyway. i have lived here for 5 years, near the dairy, and i love it.
  • edited March 2008
    New members, Sarah and Lizzie. Two in one day - we are the next Google. Welcome, come on and say hi...
    Hello....

My wife, & I moved to Oxford Road with our dog, Lily from West Hampstead last July. We love having the park so close and Parkland Walk so we can walk to Highgate and visit family there.

The only bad things we've noticed about N4 is:
    1. There's a lot of people that don't clean up after their dogs.

2. There's always discarded TVs, Fridges & other household appliances left out on the streets? - is it just me or has anyone else noticed this?

Dil
    Hi Dil - Both of those those things are true. What sort of dog is Lily?
  • edited April 2008
    hello and welcome! will look out for her on the Parkland Walk - although she'll probably scare Plum to death! No backbone my dog.
  • edited April 2008
    [Moved post to "Newbie" thread - realised this is wrong place.]
    Hello,

Just to introduce myself. My name is Daniel Hulls and I live on the Hornsey Road side of Stroud Green. Just joined up after being in the area for a almost 5 years (although I have looked at the site from time to time)

D
    Hello Daniel. Be prepared for all manner of inane commentary.
    Hello! Just moved down to SG and very happy here so far - starting to find our feet but recommends very welcome - especially pubs as we're now a motorway away from our old local... Stumbled on the site when trying to explain to people just *where* we were moving to!

b
    Hello! Lived in Stroud Green for about 25 years. Just discovered this site whilst searching for info on the Neighbourhood Day. Sadly won't be going now as dear son decided that this lovely sunny day is perfect for getting chicken pox:-(

Don't have any dogs but do have a cat.
  • LizLiz
    edited 2:26PM
    Hello Clare. 25 years is a long time, not as long as RJP, who won our ['Who's lived in SG the longest?'](http://www.stroudgreen.org/discussion/711/who-has-lived-in-stroud-green-the-longest/#Item_51) contest a while ago. Welcome!
  • edited May 2008
    Hello KScanlan!
    Hello!

I've been pointed towards this site by a Stroud Green friend, but am really an N8 interloper....
    Mind you, we seem to spend a great deal of time in The Noble, so I feel less of an imposter.
    Welcome indeed!
    Hello everyone

Been living on Florence Road for 4 years or so and still lovin' Stroud Green.

Looking forward to getting to know my neighbours better, albeit virtually...
    Hello Donal - welcome!
    This is Duncan, moved in with my wife and children in November.

That parkland walk just keeps on getting better, now all the leaves are out.
    Hello Duncan, Bienvenue. Love parkland walk - especially the woodpeckers.
    Oh yes, hello all!

I joined a few days ago but never got round to introducing myself.

Live off Lancaster Road on Cornwall, which could be confusing geographically but isn't

Been there for four years
    Hello everyone. I'm Bridget's husband. I've been living here for over a year now and really like the area, it's very different...the only thing I don't really like are all the agreessive looking dogs. Also the mugging we saw the other week wasn't great. But I like Petek really nice.
    agreesive? "YES! YOU ARE RIGHT! I CONCUR! GRRR!!!"
    Hello, I moved into Stapleton Hall Rd with my hubby ( whos a born and bread SG'er ), large cat and small dog, this year.

I previously was in N8 and did a stint in SW1 & N22, but particularly love living in SG for its greenness .
    Hello toddlesocks - great name! Yay, another dog too!
    Hello!

Wow - a place to discuss all things Stroud Green.

I'm Ed, one of the three local councillors for the lovely SG and local resident on Ennis Rd. Feel free to get in touch to question/query/berate me on all things council, happy to do my best to help.

ed.butcher.haringeylibdems@gmail.com or 07814 238 150. We also do regular surgeries in Stroud Green Library, Stroud Green School and Hornsey Vale Community Centre - come and say hello!
    Hi Y'all,

my name is Ben and although I live on the other side of the tracks over on Gloucester Drive N4 I'm a regular on SG road and was drawn in to add my reviews of the local eateries. I'm half Spanish so the multi-cultural shops and atmosphere, oh and the Arsenal season ticket was what drew me to the area and I have lived here happily for 5 years. I look fwd to contrbuting to some of the interesting threads on here.
    Hey Ben, Ed. Lot's of new members recently, including councillors and journalists. It's all a bit upmarket.
    Just a note to new applicants that we're being a bit troubled by spam entries at the moment - so if it takes a while to approve your membership, that's why. Sorry.
  • edited August 2008
    Hello - thought I'd de-lurk.

Another kiwi living in Stroud Green (the Crouch Hill bit, so on the "borders" I guess). No dog, or cat, or even garden - if anyone has a bit of green space that they'd like someone to come around and play with, let me know. Am currently limited to an indoor wormery (thanks Islington Council) and various indoor plants...

Have been here (in SG) since last November, and am loving the area - all the usual reasons, esp the Parkland walk and proximity to various woodlands and good places for general wanderings. Am missing the swifts who have just gone back to Africa for the winter.