New Visitors Start Here

Comments

• edited 6:45PM
    Hello berrynice - I hadn't noticed that the swifts had all gone. More of them this year, I thought. They are lovely - noisy wotsits though.
    Hi there,

I've only recently discovered this forum and was absolutely delighted to find so many other people as interested in the minutiae of Finsbury Park life as myself. I say Finsbury Park because the whole Stroud Green concept is relatively new to me.

I love this area because of its lack of pretension, its general friendliness and the fact that when I tell people where I live they often look at me as though I'm some sort of madman (but most of them seem to live south of the river, so what do they know?).

In fact, FP holds many happy memories for me. I met my girlfriend on Hanley Road in 1996, lived on Tollington Park from 1997 - 98 and have been living in Florence Road for a couple of years now.

This is the first internet forum I've ever joined, so I look forward to enjoying this new virtual world. Long live Stroud Green and all that!
    You met her on Hanley Road? Are you still with her? What was she doing? What were you doing? Hmm - at a bus stop perhaps? Did you live at 63 Tollington Park with the poisoner ghost?
    I'm curious too. How do you meet anyone on Hanley Road?
    At the chippy I reckon. We are literally representing the whole Internet for the Count ladies and gentlemen, so be nice.
    I did read my own comment back and think I hadn't perhaps expressed myself very clearly (I was just trying to make the sentence shorter). Boringly, I actually met her at a friend's flat on Hanley Road. And we are still together by the way.

It would have been so much more interesting if I had picked her up out of the gutter, shared a bag of chips and declared my undying love, but there you go.

Cheers for your sensitivity, tosscat.
    How astute of you, the count. I am very sensitive.
    Hey tosscat, I could just tell by your name that you're the sensitive type.
    Hi, I work with FinFuture - a community Development trust based in Finsbury Park (just next to the station.
    This is to let you know that following the festival Of The Senses on Blackstock Road in early August we are now planning the next on Fonthill Road - Fashion Festival and Wedding Fair. September 13th 2008 from 12pm till 6pm. You are all invited.
    Come celebrate your fashion community in style with a day out full of fun and fashion.

See top designs for men and women paraded on the large outdoor catwalk. Bring the children along and help them design their own t-shirts and hats.

There will be street performers to entertain and amaze you as well as great bargains at prices you can’t resist.

Come meet your friends, neighbours, and join in on the fun at one of North London’s most famous streets for fashion.

This event is brought to you by FinFuture and the London Development Agency.

For a flyer, please contact Hannah Banjo, the Festival Administrator via email. Hannah.banjo@finfuture.co.uk
    Hello. This site is brilliant! I wish i'd found it 3 years ago when i moved to the area. It's nice to know there's a community out there - albeit through my computer screen. I love Stroud Green and already thanks to this forum will be heading to dotori very soon & yes I too plan to check out this new firezza place (pizza by the half metre - although they may need to consult a map...) and I had no idea there was a library here too (do you guys get commission?)

Threading my way to you soon...
    Welcome bally. Been a while since we had a new member was starting to think we'd hit the ceiling for the area.
    There are loads of new members recently. They just haven't logged in.
    I am new and logged in David. Think of me as the hole in your ceiling..
    Hello DQ. Are you American, or just a lover of their convenience food outlets?
    Hi andy, I'm both but more of a Taco Bell fan. Burrito Queen just didn't have the same ring to it, or the SG reference!
    Love it. Go Sox!
    The reference was lost on me, but now it's been explained I like it. I feel inspired.
    Love the name Larrick Obama. What's your frame of reference?
  • Hi StroudGreen.SNT here,
    We are your local Safer Neighbourhood Police team (on Haringey side)
    Have just joined your site, although we have viewed it on many occasions. We are currently in the process of consulting with our community on what issues they want us to prioritise for next 6 months.
    If anyone would like to take part, then please e-mail us at StroudGreen.SNT@met.police.uk asking for a survey questionaire. You can also state if you are happy to be added to our database to recieve monthly newsletters and crime updates.
    Thanks Bob Stevenson Sgt on Stroud Green SNT
  • edited December 2008
    Hello Sergeant. I found a picture of the [safer neighbourhoods team here](http://www.met.police.uk/saferneighbourhoods/boroughs/haringey/stroudgreen.htm):
    Hello all.
    I've just joined this site and I'm not the police (or a criminal). I was actually looking for news on the stabbing in stroud green road last week and found this lovely community.
    I'm happy someone has taken the time to build this site. Great work.

I'll be back..
  • Alright all? Well I'm new to the site - but not SGR, have lived here on and off for 8yrs with a short stint in Barons Court - that doesn't quite cut the mustard of us lot!

Would like to say met some of our local bobbies at an event I was at the other wk - top bunch they are too. But also like to invite any of you who might be interested to St Marks Carol Services,Moray road Sat 13 6pm then at St Saviours Hanley Road 6pm on Sunday 14 6pm, then off to the Dairy f'some mulled wine or summat.

OK so I'm going to look like the God bother of the site - but it ain't like that - just extending the welcome at this time of year. Hey ho - thought I'd put it out there in case you didn't know and to be fair it'll be a festivey kinda night. Cheerio S
  • edited December 2008
    Hi sahara_dessert - welcome to the site. I've added those to the Events page <http://www.stroudgreen.org/events>;
    @Bob/SNT - I think it's bloody wonderful that the local police are using sites like this to consult/discuss issues. Keep posting.
    Also @Bob/SNT - would you condider posting the monthly updates/crime figures on here...i'm sure alot of peiople would be interested..
    I've got the SNT newsletter today, so I'll start a thread with that on. Not sure if it has crime figures though.
  • MiaMia
    edited December 2008
    Hi,

I'm a new member on here although I've lived in the area for years.
    After stumbling across this site I have to say it is brilliant!

After reading other peoples intoduction I feel I have to add some more info!

I'm not a dog owner (I wish) but I am the proud owner of a cat.

Over the years I have dined in many of the surrounding restaurants with the favourites being The Veggie Indian, LaPorchetta and the Triangle.
    I haven't tried Dudleys but my flat mate has and she loved their sweet pancakes!

I'm really pleased to find this site,

Thanks

M
    Hi,

I'm Jon and I moved to Stapleton Hall Road in March; only just found this site. Almost lived somewhere boring until the estate agent worked his magic and sold Stroud Green Road on us - what more could you want from a road?

Looking forward to getting the latest gossip from SG.

Cheers, Jon
  • MiaMia
    edited 6:45PM
    Hello.

I have lived around here for 15 years or so and have been enjoying this site for slightly less time than that.

I remember when Tesco wasn't a metro and we would all go to the Danzibar.Well we wouldn't go but we would admire it.

I like SG a lot but we do seem to have a big dog waste problem.

Best

Robot