New Visitors Start Here

Comments

• edited 10:26AM
    Hi all,
    moved to N4 a couple years back and love the place. always wanting to know more about the area and what it has to offer I found this sight.
    And here I am!
    Like Lorna I've lived here for more than 20 years, first on Sparsholt Rd and now on SGR.
    The 3 biggest changes in that time? Well, way back then you couldn't get a pizza round here - or maybe you could but there wasn't a pizzeria. You could go to a real bank, even two (one was a Barclays but I forget what the other was). And there was a library!
    I miss the Arthur Simpson too, not least for how it accidentally became an innuendo with some of my friends, but it really wasn't in Stroud Green, whereas Stroud Green Library very much is.
  • MHPMHP
    edited 10:26AM
    Hi, I'm Mark and live on Stapleton Hall Road, have lived here for almost 20 years - its got everything here I need, can't complain really!
    Hello, I've been living here for the last five years and I love it. I am very happy I found this website. I saw there are good recommendations and I will surely try some of the coffee shops and other things people are suggesting.
    Hi, used to live in SG when i was younger but then moved to "sunny" finchley. Happy to be back now, and enjoying the hidden gem which is Stroud Green, and with the help of this site makes it a lot easier!
    Hi! I'm Ruth. New to the site but old to Stroud Green. Lived Ossian Road for a couple of years post college back in the 90s, now live in Lancaster Road with family. Love the area!
    Hello, I've lived here for about twelve years and only discovered this site whilst looking for old photographs of the area for my 90 year old neighbours birthday book. What a friendly bunch you all are and how lovely to be a part of this community.
    Hello,

Have lived just off Hanley Road for a couple of years.
    Found this forum whilst trying to find out Met Police statistics on the area, as I see a lot of angry looking men around, and am trying to make myself feel less intimidated walking around. Ironic then that my username has the word 'bullet' in it, but it's from an old poker site (Bullets=Aces) username I keep reusing for new sites.

Nice to see friendly types on the forum. Big fan.
    Neurotically think the world is going to the dogs unless 'nice' people make up for it on forums such as this...

Edward
    Welcome along.
    Hello all.
    I've been in the area for just over a year, love it a lot!
    I've been following this forum for a while, thought I ought to introduce myself.
    I happen to work at one of the Stroud green pubs (And live there) I shall let you ponder on which one as it's far too enjoyable to anonymously spy on all your opinions.
    Keep up the good restaurant recommendations, Stroud green road has given me many a good meal.
    Welcome hannadala. Keep the comments coming and I'm sure we'll work it out ;-)
    Hi - just joined... Have lived in the SG area (Lancaster Road, Mount View Road) since mid 80's and in north Nodnol (Archway, Tufnel park) since late 60's.
    Looking forward to learning from and contributing to this interesting and active site.
    Hi Jim. That's a long time. Tell us a story.
    One that doesn't refer to Flumps.
    Unless it's really, really exciting.
    Hello everyone,

My name is Tora and i've recently moved to N4 from Hackney having been N4 curious for a while but unsure about leaving Hackers at the same time...

Always interested in/contributing in what happens locally and what others have to say. Maybe i'm just nosey?

Oh and I have cat. People seem interested in knowing this fact it would appear!
    Hello - have just joined as moving back to N4 next week after a short stint living out to Ally Pally. Love this site and think it is a great source of all things SG related.
  • KazKaz
    Hi all - I'm new, although I have lived in the area for about five years. I do not have a dog and I have seen Simon Pegg a few times.
    Hallo. Lived in SG for 17 years and have been in Crouch End for the last 14. But still work in a very local educational establishment and have done for over 30 years on and off . Now more off than on so have more time to lurk and even join in. This is a great site.
    Hello, I've just joined as a member (I believe) and would first like to echo others posts by agreeing that this is a great local site. It's fun and informative & I hope to post and join groups/events as a result of becoming involved.

Secondly, I'd like to put a shout out to all current and new N4 Transitioners. If you don't already know who they are take a look at the following link, and get involved too. Just like StoudGreen Org it's a worthwhile investment of your time:
    http://transitionfinsburypark.org.uk/about
    Hello All,
    I'm not exactly new to the area, it's been about 10 years now, firstly Regina road for a few years, then Tollington Park and now Clifton Terrace - not sure if any of those count as Stroud Green, technically?! Anyway, I don't have any pets whatsoever and I've seen various random celebs in the area in the last 10 years but mainly the same as everyone else - Minty from Eastenders, Ann-Marie Duff and James McAvoy, that annoying 'American' girl from Eastenders, one of the McGann brothers (can't remember which!) and someone who used to be in 'Queer as Folk'. Love the site and I'm looking forward to keeping up with the local gossip!
    Hello,
    As dyspraxic [ MA level; 2003] mature Visual Arts student / retired do everything back to front. It is technical/numerical dyslexia involving sequencing & location & coordination , which is alright for art work but causes some organisations such as call centres concern as a loose canon & don't like being discriminated against or finding system undemocratic & I have no voice. So I stands up to be counted as very ethical .My art work concerns age and identity & how one is viewed by system as one ages "I am rapidly becoming a spectre' Roland Barthes and work links to Impressionism , abstraction & early moving image /animation . The videos are on utube9773165 but it must be one of biggest sites as grew up with The Stone,Long john, Rod, Elton, Eric as the local band - Eel Pie island.Video hadn't happened so went mad when found utube.
    Hello! Bubble's here. I've been floating around SG for... well since 2004 I think. It is nice, don't you think..a.. think.. a..think. I can't remember how I came across this here website, but I like it. I like it because it's kind of wacky and crazy and people say anything. HooRay. So glad I found you, found you... yay! x x x x
    Hello Everyone
    Just joined st.org - so hoping to do some local communing
    yeah
    hello everyone!
    I'm new here. I live on Stroud Green Rd (near the nandos!), been in the area since last August. love FP and this site's brill. look forward to getting involved!
    charlie x
  • DKLDKL
    Hi Everyone

seem like i am the only one how doesn't know the area well.
    I moved to area just over a year ago. i have been to SGR couple of times and i have to say it it is a lovely place.

I live myself on Hornsey Road, couple minutes walk to SGR.

DKL xx
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there Stroud-Greeners, I just moved to this part of town about 5 months ago with my partner Joaquim. I'm originally from Windsor but been living in NYC and Rio for the past 16 years. Happy to be here now and hope to be an avid contributor to the site and community...and...maybe even meet a few of you along the way.
    Cristo & Joaquim
    Hello everyone,

Although I live in Herne Hill, I spend a lot of time in SG as my girlfriend lives here, I've made some good friends here and love being (an albeit part-time) member of the community here.
    This website always seems to be a great read!